Sims 3 custom content won't work

by sparkslove1234

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 custom content won't work

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I paid for several things in the Sims 3 store, and now the content won't show up in my game. It all downloaded but just not showing up. This isn't the first time I've lost content that I've bought and I'm getting very tired of it. Is there any way of getting my content back? Otherwise I'm just done with this game. This game has jipped a lot of money out of me and I'm not doing it anymore. I had a lot of things downloaded. I looked up on Sims 3 website that you're supposed to do a bunch of stuff with the .ebc files and stuff, but none of it worked. I also tried doing the run without custom content, and then quit and go back into the game. None of it works. I didn't even update my game or anything before all this started happening. But now it is up to date. Any suggestions?

Thanks

ps I have a mac. And I have the Sims 3 Pets

Message 1 of 4 (4,090 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 custom content won't work

Hero

Try reinstalling all Store Content using the method described here (not sure if that's what you've already tried though): 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Sims-3-store-content-will-not-install/td-p/46724/

Should work accordingly on macs.

Try not to install too many but maybe just a one item at frist to see if that shows up.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (4,418 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Try reinstalling all Store Content using the method described here (not sure if that's what you've already tried though): 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Sims-3-store-content-will-not-install/td-p/46724/

Should work accordingly on macs.

Try not to install too many but maybe just a one item at frist to see if that shows up.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (4,419 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay first custom content is FREE and you have in game content. custom is very very more realistic.... no offensce. but i downloaded a bunch and it wouldnt work  i got on an old game with ALL CUSTOM CONTENT. and ym sim was BLACK no not brown BLACK LIKE THE COLOR REALLY DARK BLACKConfusedmileymad:

Message 3 of 4 (2,316 Views)

★ Novice
I deleted my mods folder trying to start over and I came back on and my sim was black too!! Like pitch black! But I found a solution! Just change the sims skin to a default then change it's clothes and it's back to normal!! :D and thank you for helping Standard smile
Message 4 of 4 (2,119 Views)