Sims 3 black screen after pressing play on launcher?!

by BPplays

Original Post

Sims 3 black screen after pressing play on launcher?!

★★ Novice

The sims 3 game literally worked yesterday, and now today it won't open. I have the latest patch installed (plus Origin update) and it always worked fine. I installed some clothing today and was planning to play, but it won't open. I have my game on disc but WA on digital and a couple of SPs, other than that I have all other EPs on disk. Anyways, i have been trying for hours to play, fix it, and search through forums but nothing seems to be helping me. I figure since most of the forums are from 2009-2013 that maybe now there is a new way to fix it.

I've tried opening it as an administrator and even through the programs bar. I don't know what to do or how to fix it. It worked yesterday! I have restarted my computer 3 times and i don't have Mcafee either. (that apparently effects the game as well) The game appears to load but then turns into a black screen with a spinning mouse then when i press ctrl + alt + delete it says the game is not responding. I have deleted all the cache's and checked my cc and mods with Delphy's dashboard. It's killing me, I'm missing my sims and I refuse to unistall my cc.

(P.S I am using a laptop and windows 8)

Message 1 of 3 (29,422 Views)

Re: Sims 3 black screen after pressing play on launcher?!

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (29,379 Views)

Re: Sims 3 black screen after pressing play on launcher?!

★ Novice

I fixed this just by (as far as I can tell) opening the game with one less expansion pack activated. I unchecked "Sims 3 Pets" and it launched just fine!

Message 3 of 3 (20,033 Views)