Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Sims 3 and windows 8

by lauren012938

Original Post

Sims 3 and windows 8

★★★★ Novice

Will sims 3 and its expansions work on windows eight i. Heard you have to download 1.39 patch for it to work I also heard that this patch ruined many peoples supernatural game is this tru please answer thanks 

Message 1 of 5 (13,729 Views)

Re: Sims 3 and windows 8

Community Manager

Hi lauren012938,

There are already many people playing the game on WIndows 8 without problems. If you do encounter issues, please check this thread:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Windows-8/m-p/221754

I'm sure the community will be able to help you with any issue that come up. Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 2 of 5 (13,373 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

IGNORE.

Message 3 of 5 (7,820 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have playing Sims 3 Season for a while now and I experienced some issues, so I decided to update my game to version 1.55. Everything seemed fine until I start tilting my camera angle up and down. Once I start tilting the game started lagging like BAD! I can't even move my cursor, the cursor just jump-follows where I moved across the screen. I first though it might be the world (Sunlit Tides), but I tried different defult worlds and whenever I go into build mode or just in Live mode and tilt the camera, my game lags. It doesn't crash though, just lags BADLY! This all seemed to happen after I updated...

I tried switching off the graphics, the screen resolution, sound, advance rendering, everything! But that doesn't seem to be causing the problem. Like I said, I have been playing fine before this update. PLEASE help me fix this. I am running Windows 8 with Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 graphics and 2GB RAM.

Message 4 of 5 (7,806 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I figured out what the problem was with my gameIt was all of the custom content all a longEven the stuff I purchased in the Online StoreIt is sad to not use the stuff that I bought but if my game can play perfect without itthen so be itREMOVE ALL CUSTOM CONTENTIT MESSES UP YOUR GAME!!! 

Message 5 of 5 (7,751 Views)

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

AHQ Origin Game Giveaway

We’re giving away games on Origin to helpful AHQ community members!

Find out more