Sims 3 and windows 8

by lauren012938

Original Post

Sims 3 and windows 8

★ Novice

Will sims 3 and its expansions work on windows eight i. Heard you have to download 1.39 patch for it to work I also heard that this patch ruined many peoples supernatural game is this tru please answer thanks 

Message 1 of 5 (14,548 Views)

Re: Sims 3 and windows 8

Community Manager

Hi lauren012938,

There are already many people playing the game on WIndows 8 without problems. If you do encounter issues, please check this thread:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Windows-8/m-p/221754

I'm sure the community will be able to help you with any issue that come up. Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 5 (14,174 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

IGNORE.

Message 3 of 5 (8,621 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have playing Sims 3 Season for a while now and I experienced some issues, so I decided to update my game to version 1.55. Everything seemed fine until I start tilting my camera angle up and down. Once I start tilting the game started lagging like BAD! I can't even move my cursor, the cursor just jump-follows where I moved across the screen. I first though it might be the world (Sunlit Tides), but I tried different defult worlds and whenever I go into build mode or just in Live mode and tilt the camera, my game lags. It doesn't crash though, just lags BADLY! This all seemed to happen after I updated...

I tried switching off the graphics, the screen resolution, sound, advance rendering, everything! But that doesn't seem to be causing the problem. Like I said, I have been playing fine before this update. PLEASE help me fix this. I am running Windows 8 with Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 graphics and 2GB RAM.

Message 4 of 5 (8,607 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I figured out what the problem was with my gameIt was all of the custom content all a longEven the stuff I purchased in the Online StoreIt is sad to not use the stuff that I bought but if my game can play perfect without itthen so be itREMOVE ALL CUSTOM CONTENTIT MESSES UP YOUR GAME!!! 

Message 5 of 5 (8,552 Views)