Sims 3 and Windows 8.1

by killerqueennz

Original Post

Sims 3 and Windows 8.1

★★★ Newbie

Please help me. I updated to Windows 8.1 and now the Sims is all orange and blocky. What's going on?

Message 1 of 5 (2,375 Views)

Re: Sims 3 and Windows 8.1

Hero (Retired)

answered you in your other post

Message 2 of 5 (2,374 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I updated the driver. The picture is now orange, and the in game picture is 3D looking (blue and red). I should point out I know F all about computers.

Message 3 of 5 (2,371 Views)

Hero (Retired)

hold on and we'll see what can be done for you  you might have to turn of some graphic cards effects like anti alising  or 3d effects or some such don't do any thing until someone can tell you what you need to do i do not know how soon someone else will be online but it will be looked at

Message 4 of 5 (2,368 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

There was a warning that you may have to re install applications when you upgrade to Windows 8.1. Go into the video driver control panel and see if you can turn off 3D. When you upgrade to Windows 8.1 the whole system gets reset. Please post your video card.

add: updating the video driver should have corrected the problem. Also try right click on empty spot on your Desktop and go to "NVIDIA Control Panel", under "Stereoscopic 3D" click "Set up stereoscopic 3D". Uncheck the radio box beside "Enable stereoscopic 3D" and click apply. Restart game if you have it open.

There have been a few reports of this problem.

Message 5 of 5 (2,362 Views)