Re: Sims 3 ambitions on iPad won't work

by hindy101

Original Post

Sims 3 ambitions on iPad won't work

★★★ Newbie
Hi I've bought sims 3 ambitions for my son on his iPad it works to set up your sim but when he goes to press the tick button to start the game nothing happens this is really frustrating especially after we have paid for the app would be appreciated if you could sort this issue thanks mark
Message 1 of 10 (3,335 Views)

Re: Sims anything in here doesn't work

Message 2 of 10 (3,259 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@hindy101 Moved to the Sims section from SimCity

Does your son's iPad fit the minimum requirements? They are as follows:

Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 3 of 10 (3,232 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi yes his iPad meets requirements just updated his iPad to 8.4 tried it again but it is still the same it goes to the character outfit then when you press the tick to start game nothing happens. I've been online and I know from posts on forums I'm not the only one with this problem. thanks mark
Message 4 of 10 (3,225 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@hindy101

Hey Mark, we've got limited ways of troubleshooting for iPad, and we don't really offer support for it on AHQ, but here are some things you could try:

http://help.ea.com/uk/article/troubleshooting-steps-for-ios-apps/

Check for app updates
Once you have made sure your device is up-to-date, check to make sure that your app is up-to-date:

1. Open the App Store and select “Updates.” Tap "Update" beside any app you would like to update at this time or "Update All" if preferred. 
  2. When prompted, enter your iTunes Store account information. The App Store will then download and install the available app updates.

Note: Some apps may require a Wi-Fi connection to update.

Install another app from the App Store
If none of your user-installed apps launch correctly, there could be a problem with authorizing your Apple ID. To resolve this issue, please download and install an app that isn't already installed on your device. If you don’t want to add any new apps to your device, you can remove an app and then re-download it from the App Store, or sync the app from your computer. Doing this will reset your Apple ID information.

Note: If you have installed apps using multiple Apple ID accounts, you may need to perform this step for each account.

Restart the app
If your issue only affects a single app on your device, please try closing just that app:

iOS 6 and earlier:

1. Press the Home button to return to the Home screen.
  2. Double-tap the Home button to display recent apps.
  3. Tap and hold the affected app until the red minus icon appears.
  4. Tap the red minus to quit the app.
  5. Press the Home button, and then restart the app.

iOS 7 or 8:

1. Press the Home button to return to the Home screen.
  2. Double-tap the Home button to display recent apps.
  3. Swipe up on the app’s thumbnail image to quit the app.
  4. Press the Home button, and then restart the app.

Restart your device
Hold down the Sleep/Wake button until the “Slide to power off” option appears. Power off your device, and once it’s completely shut down, press the “Sleep/Wake” button to turn it back on.

Re-install the affected app*
If the app still isn't working correctly, you may need to remove it from your device and then re-install:

1. Touch and hold any app icon on the Home screen, until the icons start to shake.
  2. Tap the “x” in the top corner of the icon for the app which isn't working correctly.
  3. Tap Delete to remove the app and all associated data from your device.
  4. Press the Home button.
  5. Go to the App Store.
  6. Search for the app and then download it again.

Note: If the app is a paid app, make sure that you are using the iTunes account you purchased the app with, otherwise you will be charged for downloading the app again. You can find more information on re-downloading previously purchased items on the Apple Support Center.

*ATTENTION: This troubleshooting step may cause game progress to be lost. However, you can take steps to help reduce the chances of this occurring:

Please note: Performing these steps does not guarantee that data loss will not occur and does not guarantee the recoverability of your account. These steps will only reduce the chance for data loss and in some cases the data may be recoverable.

If none of this helps, I suggest you get in touch with one of our advisors on help.ea.com/contact-us Standard smile

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 5 of 10 (3,215 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I tried it all it did not work Frown pls. Make an update everyone loves sims <3
Message 6 of 10 (3,009 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the same problem Pls. Help us all of the simmers have problem in sims 3 ambitions iPad version
Message 7 of 10 (3,007 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have also downloaded the Sims 3 ambitions on IPhone and when you try and play the game; click the play button on the first screen it glitches and selects one of the options on to the play buttons left! Any one else have this issue or a solution?
Message 8 of 10 (2,856 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My paid is not working when you create a Sim so can you fix please 

Message 9 of 10 (2,263 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can't play without first play it but it not working please fix it and when I am play when I'm playing when you create a  Sim and not working

Message 10 of 10 (2,260 Views)