Sims 3 World Adventures won't install (mac)

by Aunikaxx

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 World Adventures won't install (mac)

★★★ Newbie

I have a MacBook Air, so all of my downloading of the sims has to be done using Origin. 

I have not had a problem with origin until now.    I purchased the world adventures, and I redeemed my code and downloaded the game, my problem is. It wont install.

I will click on the install button and a pop up will come up that says "ready to install" even after i've hit install, I'm not sure what is going on. 

I tried contacint EA, but they did NOTHING for me, I would really like some help, here as I don't want to feel like I wasted any money on something I can't use, 

Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 7 (2,482 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 World Adventures won't install (mac)

★★★ Novice

Hello again,

In my forum post over here:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/0/9379315.page#27880346

this problem was actually resolved. EA/Origin looked into things on their end and installation via download should be working for everybody now; please go ahead and try yours again.

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (2,603 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Hello,

I'm sorry that this is not an answer, but I'm having the exact same problem — although with a Mac Mini.

You can see my post here: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9379315.page

(Although, it doesn't seem to be working right now; accessing the page keeps returning errors. You can see it by pasting the URL in Google and viewing the cached version)

I tried to be very thorough, as this is a persistent problem for PCs and Macs alike, and has been so for at least 2 years.

Origin replied quickly on the forum and I just emailed them my log files, so hopefully they can see what went wrong and help us out.

Also, do you mind if I ask, how's the game for you on Mac Air? I have one as well, but I don't do anything so intensive on it. It's just not up for the job.

Message 2 of 7 (2,448 Views)

★★★ Newbie

3 of us have this problem. I have a MBP retina, so I guess it really is an installer bug. I successfully installed, late night, ambitions and high end loft stuff, so its just that. I also noticed that Origin said that the game requires around 7GB of space to install. But I remember it being just 4gb. This is probably an issue.

Message 3 of 7 (2,436 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello again,

In my forum post over here:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/0/9379315.page#27880346

this problem was actually resolved. EA/Origin looked into things on their end and installation via download should be working for everybody now; please go ahead and try yours again.

Message 4 of 7 (2,604 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  • Origin ID: labella635
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: NO
  • OS X version:   10.8.4
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: 2.7 GHz intel core i5, 8gb 1600MHz DDR3
  • Expansions you have/have active: seasons, supernatural
  • Any error message received: its said some long error number 
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: i purchased the game money was removed from my account!! i cannot seem to find a download link so therefore ive paid for nothing basically! not happy at all. 
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: ive followed all troubleshooting advice and nothing has worked!! i even went through the whole purchase scenario again and it said you have laready purchased this game...yeah i know where is it then!! 
Message 5 of 7 (2,278 Views)

★ Novice

Your thread had been closed looks like EA turned off any forums for Sims 3 . . . 

Message 6 of 7 (946 Views)

Hero (Retired)

This thread is old and I am locking it as new issues should be posted in a new post. I think the reason the links do not work now is the other sims 3 forum was reorganized and some links were affected.

Message 7 of 7 (937 Views)