Sims 3 Will Not Launch (Windows 8)

by DeliroDolce

Original Post

Sims 3 Will Not Launch (Windows 8)

★★★ Newbie

I bought a new laptop (Asus Zen Book UX305). Its a 64bit operating system with Windows 8. It has enough processing power to handle the game, and the graphics card is decent enough for being integrated. Yet here's the kicker, the game simply won't start.

I get the launcher all well and good, but after I click "Start" nothing happens. I have tried running it as admin and on compatibility mode with Windows 7 (and XP, for kicks). The game is pure vanilla, as in no custom content from third party sources of the The Sims 3 store. I do have a good number of expansion packs, however (almost all up to University Life). The game is updated to the latest patch. No, I do not have bitDefender. I have another antivirus program which I switched off and tried launching the game to no avail. 

Can anyone help? My only consolation is that I bought this games ages ago and have already played their money's worth. So, no money wasted in some sense besides not being able to play them from here on out. I'd get the Sims 4, but this laptop is not built for gaming with anything recent. 

Message 1 of 2 (120 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Will Not Launch (Windows 8)

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (96 Views)