Sims 3 Unknown Error Occurred - installing expansion packs

by aj3291

Original Post

Sims 3 Unknown Error Occurred - installing expansion packs

★★ Novice

Hello. I have downloaded and installed almost all of the Sims 3 expansion packs and have never experienced any issues until recently. I uninstalled the game (using the clean install recommendations per previous posts), uninstalled each expansion pack individually in the order they were released, made sure there were no traces of the game, uninstalled Origin as well. I downloaded Origin again and downloaded all of the games. Note, when installing, Origin does not give me an option to "install" the expansion packs. I have to click "download" again after it's already downloaded and then it will install through the external application. Once the installation is complete, I noticed that the readme does not pop up - also Late Night and Ambitions do not show up in my Sims 3 folder. I have installed the base game (which works just fine) and have installed the Super Patch for digital downloads. I then proceed to install the expansion/stuff packs in the order they released. As soon as I get to Ambitions, it installs, and then a "Sims 3 unknown error occurs" error pops up and I cannot continue. I have literally uninstalled and reinstalled my games a couple of times, and have never run into this issue. I don't know what else to do after following all of the troubleshooting tips I could find. Does anyone have ANY other tips other than the ones I have already tried. Thank you in advance. 

Message 1 of 4 (2,661 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Unknown Error Occurred - installing expansion packs

Hero

Is this for PC or Mac ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (2,643 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem, with a Mac downloading from origin.

I've uninstalled origin and the game, then re installed it all in order according to the expansion release dates.

Help?

Message 3 of 4 (2,618 Views)

★★ Novice

This happened to me too, sorry if this is too late

https://bluebellflora.com/2017/01/02/sims-3-unknown-error-fix-el-capitan-sierra-late-night-ambitions...

Someone on my post gave me this link, worked for me hope it works for you too!

Message 4 of 4 (2,601 Views)