Re: Sims 3 University-Sims stuck at school and won't go home

by lddavis72

Original Post

Sims 3 University-Sims stuck at school and won't go home

★★★ Newbie

My Sims graduated from college but then didn't go home. The moving truck came but no one got in and now they are stuck at university and have no where to go.  How can I unstick them or force them to go home? Also some random Sim I've never seen before is in with my Sims and under my control... I have no idea where she came from. Any advice?

Message 1 of 18 (42,825 Views)

Hero

It's a common bug with the EP. Could you please answer the questionshttp://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/655771.page

Maybe we can all find a solution together.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (42,655 Views)

★★ Novice
Ive had the same problem. Hit the cheat box ctrl shift c and type in moveobjects on then enter. Next delete the stuck person. No worries HE or She will return once you get back to the hometown. I hope this helps.
Message 3 of 18 (42,509 Views)

Hero

So the game loaded the home town after you deleted the Sim that way (which is usually a really dangerous thing to do) ?

Could you maybe post step-by-step instructions what you did. That would be great.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 18 (42,435 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the exact same issue and after trying like 5 times I finally succeeded.  What I did? Well I had it saved from the day before graduation and followed this precautions: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/03/precautions-for-university-life.html

Basically this problem is caused by calling the sim's relatives and friends to attend the graduation. If you do so, the phone will be locked and you can't leave after graduation nor by dropping out. Also remember to empty the mailbox in case you have love letters there.

Here's more info: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/655771.page

Message 5 of 18 (42,360 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem. ErrorTrap from NRaas fixed mine. 

Message 6 of 18 (41,279 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

That did not work for me.  I figured out how to get my sim to the blank lot by adding a chair and telling him to sit in it.  After deleting the sim, I still could not figure out how to get back to the game.  Luckily I did save game before graduation. 

Message 7 of 18 (40,016 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So the problem is inviting people to your graduation. The fix is after graduation, if you do not travel home, just go to a computer and drop out. It will take you home!

Message 8 of 18 (39,910 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know it's been a while since you posted this, but I recently somewhat solved this problem on my own. I had to use testingcheats, but I was just glad it worked! My family was 2 sims, so I added a random sim to the family. Then I went into Edit Town Mode. When I did this it acted as though it was a brand new game and took me to the 'choose house for these sims to live in'. I chose a random one, and when my trio of sims moved in, I had the randomly added sim drop out (just in case it hurt the other sims) worked for me! hope it helps others.

Message 9 of 18 (39,655 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I solved the problem by turning off free will before they went home. Worked like a champ.

Message 10 of 18 (37,106 Views)