Sims 3: There was an error during startup, please see log for more details

by Tuscanae

Original Post

Sims 3: There was an error during startup, please see log for more details

★ Novice

Recently I activated my Sims 3, Sims 3 late night stuff and Sims 3 high end loft stuff with the keys from the Humble bundle. However, when I got onto the game it would ask for a disc and refuse to update. Obviously I dont have a disk as it is purely a activation code. When looking at a forum it was recommended to download the latest patch manually, but since doing that It now comes up with "There was an error during startup, please see log for more details" everytime I attempt to launch the game, it doesnt even get on the launch menu. Also, the shortcuts that I have for the games used to launch the menu, but now they just take me to my origin library.

Can anyone help? Its really frustrating!

Message 1 of 4 (513 Views)

Re: Sims 3: There was an error during startup, please see log for more details

Hero
See if this helps you: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-There-was-an-error-during-Startup/td-p/65390 Also what disc is it asking for exactly ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (490 Views)

★ Novice

I have tried near to all of these, and none of them are working. I have already unistalled and reinstalled The Sims 3 but that has not worked, and  have ran out of options Frown

Message 3 of 4 (485 Views)

Hero

Did you clean out the registery manually and with ccleaner ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (480 Views)