11-03-2012 05:13 AM
After I installed that latest update for the sims 3 (seasons icon is on the bottom of the launcher) my game keeps crashing after half an hour of playing it. I've deleted all my custom downloads (even though their all from the sim store) and no matter what I do, it still keeps crashing.
My computer is run on Windows 7 and has been working fine before the update.
11-03-2012 07:43 PM
I litterally just installed the patch and so far out of both times I've tried to play, as it's loading my family, it crashes. D:
11-04-2012 08:20 AM
Same thing is happening to me. Trying to load any of my previous saves - just as they get about midway the grame crashes to desktop. Lovely.
11-04-2012 09:57 AM
I'm having the same thing. Sims 3 has never crashed on me before, but I downloaded the newest version last night and it's crashed three times.
11-04-2012 08:55 PM
Yea, im having the same problem, same thing happened when i installed Pets. It would crash randomly after gameplay, but then i did the DEP to the base game and it worked. Now that i just installed Supernatural, its jut been crashing and the DEP isnt working with it. Is this gonna happen with seasons too?!?!
11-05-2012 03:58 AM - edited 11-05-2012 03:58 AM
Here's a list of common causes: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Game-Grash
To narrow down what kind of crash you are experiencing, you need to find out when it's occuring.
The most common ones are:
- Crashing before the loading/intro screen comes up --> Usually due to imcompatible scripting or core mods. Remove them and delete the cache files
- Crashing 1 minute into Live Mode --> Usually a DEP crash. Look for a solution in the link above
- Crashing 10 - 20 Minutes into CAS or Live Mode --> Usually a insufficient graphic chip. If you only have a chip and not a full grown card, with less then 128 MB of dedicated memory, you need to lower your graphic settings although this is no guarantuee. Your computer is below specs
- Crashing after 1-4 hours --> Usually a out of RAM crash. Happens if you have a 32 bit system or less than 4 GB of RAM. Save often and restart your game from time to time. Can also occur on 64 bit systems if you've played your game for a really long time and it's gotten big
- Crashing in Build/Buy mode when clicking on an item --> Usually due to bad cc
- Crashing when clicking on the player wall --> Mostly server issues. Always save before attempting to use the wall.
If you are unsure what is causing your game to crash or what card you have, make your own thread and include your DxDiag as well as much info as possible.
Since this is not specific to Supernatural, it's best to post in this forum: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/bd-p/the-sims-
Good Luck and Happy Simmin
I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM.
Help us helpers to help you
Thinking of helping out ? Please check the Helper's Corner for Sims 4 or Sims 3 and The Acadamy
Bitte akzeptiere eine Lösung, wenn dein Problem gelöst ist und verteile XP an Beiträge, die du hilfreich findest.
Ich arbeite nicht für EA und habe sonst auch keinerlei Verbindung zu EA.
PNs werden nicht beantwortet. Probleme gehören ins Forum
11-08-2012 05:13 PM
Mine works well for few days till yesterday when suffers from the game crash suddenly after loading the family. Any ways to solve these? It is kinda of irritating! I want my game back!:catmad: