Re: Sims 3 Supernatural keeps crashing after update 1.42. Help?

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims 3 Supernatural keeps crashing after update 1.42. Help?

★ Novice

After I installed that latest update for the sims 3 (seasons icon is on the bottom of the launcher) my game keeps crashing after half an hour of playing it. I've deleted all my custom downloads (even though their all from the sim store) and no matter what I do, it still keeps crashing.

My computer is run on Windows 7 and has been working fine before the update.

any suggestions??

Message 1 of 11 (4,929 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I litterally just installed the patch and so far out of both times I've tried to play, as it's loading my family, it crashes.  D:

Message 2 of 11 (4,895 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing is happening to me. Trying to load any of my previous saves - just as they get about midway the grame crashes to desktop. Lovely.

Message 3 of 11 (4,843 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this problem too :catsad:

Message 4 of 11 (4,831 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same thing.  Sims 3 has never crashed on me before, but I downloaded the newest version last night and it's crashed three times.

Message 5 of 11 (4,815 Views)

★ Novice

Yea, im having the same problem, same thing happened when i installed Pets. It would crash randomly after gameplay, but then i did the DEP to the base game and it worked. Now that i just installed Supernatural, its jut been crashing and the DEP isnt working with it. Is this gonna happen with seasons too?!?!

Message 6 of 11 (4,760 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Here's a list of common causes: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Game-Grashes-CTD/td-p/656/jump-to/first-unread-message

To narrow down what kind of crash you are experiencing, you need to find out when it's occuring. 

The most common ones are:

- Crashing before the loading/intro screen comes up --> Usually due to imcompatible scripting or  core mods. Remove them and delete the cache files

- Crashing 1 minute into Live Mode --> Usually a DEP crash. Look for a solution in the link above

- Crashing 10 - 20 Minutes into CAS or Live Mode --> Usually a insufficient graphic chip. If you only have a chip and not a full grown card, with less then 128 MB of dedicated memory, you need to lower your graphic settings although this is no guarantuee. Your computer is below specs

- Crashing after 1-4 hours --> Usually a out of RAM crash. Happens if you have a 32 bit system or less than 4 GB of RAM. Save often and restart your game from time to time. Can also occur on 64 bit systems if you've played your game for a really long time and it's gotten big

- Crashing in Build/Buy mode when clicking on an item --> Usually due to bad cc

- Crashing when clicking on the player wall --> Mostly server issues. Always save before attempting to use the wall.

If you are unsure what is causing your game to crash or what card you have, make your own thread and include your DxDiag as well as much info as possible.

Since this is not specific to Supernatural, it's best to post in this forum: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/bd-p/the-sims-3

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 11 (4,743 Views)

★★★ Novice

Mines crashing when loading a family

Message 8 of 11 (4,535 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine works well for few days till yesterday when suffers from the game crash suddenly after loading the family. Any ways to solve these? It is kinda of irritating! I want my game back!:catmad:

Message 9 of 11 (4,514 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same thing here and I don't even have Supernatural. I miss my sims :womansad: 

Message 10 of 11 (4,507 Views)