Re: Sims 3 Store Specials, Login, and Make Me An Offer Broken

by BlackholeViper

Original Post

Hero (Retired)

@ThexPrixie @fearsparkz @BlackholeViper You can not use a proxy. Please check your firewall to make sure all the proper programs and ports are open. Disable any third party firewalls that aren't included with the operating systems. Again these issues were reports and were reported in several areas of the world were affected and I can only conclude that the ISP was maybe blocking for some reason. I can say it works for me from the EA server to my geological area which would indicate the server is working and the failure is somewhere between EA and your computer. Is anyone else near you having the same issue?

Message 101 of 236 (693 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@roberta591 Considering all the other issues I also have this is definitely not a computer relation server-to-computer issue. This is either account specific or the server itself. I have tried several different browser with and without ad-block, firewall, anti-virus and all sufficient ports open and it doesn't change anything. People near me and people at the other end of the world all have the same issue.

Message 102 of 236 (688 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@BlackholeViper What other issues do you have?

Message 103 of 236 (672 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice
@BlackholeViper I'm going to agree with you. Over on the sims forums there are countless people who are talking about how they can't login, get gifts, give gifts, receive site based emails, check their messages, use MMAO, download their purchases, view their purchase history in some combination or other. And all right beside countless people who are not having any real noticable troubles. The people with issues and those without can be half the world apart or in the same state/territory as each other and it makes no difference. People have tried everything Jahnna has tried and maybe more desperate measures to no avail. The only thing that seems consistant to everyone across the board is the Sales page and its (by now) well known issue (never changing since October). Also everything seems peachy if the people experiencing issues are logged out. And at least one user has reported making a new account just to test if it was account or computer/server related and reported that MMAO and all other features worked fine (except the sales page) on the new account but not the old. Very much seems to be account related.
Message 104 of 236 (666 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@HALO_ProjectI just used the MMAO and was able to complete a purchase. I then went into my purchase history and saw the MMAO items and then successfully completed gifting one of the items. I also tried the get bonus points and that worked. I also downloaded one of the MMAO items and it successfully downloaded to the download tab of the launcher. All my items appear in the purchase history. I'm able to check my mentions in the heading when someone tags me. I bought something from the sale page. All I can say is I can't duplicate any issues. If you feel this is account connected you will have to contact EA customer service about issue with your account - link - EA customer service

Message 105 of 236 (643 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@roberta591 Then you are one of the people who are unnaffected (of which as I and others have said already) there are many. And forgive my irritation but why didn't I think of contacting customer support? Oh wait, I did. Twice by chat, once by Twitter, twice by email, once by message on the Sims forums and now I'm here. And I'm not alone in this. Thank you for trying to help and honestly I'm glad you aren't experiencing any issues and really compared to some just not being able to use MMAO isn't so bad. Hopefully now that they are actively looking into it it can be solved.
Message 106 of 236 (632 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@HALO_Project If I can duplicate the issue I would be in your corner. I have tried it several times and everything seems fine. This is a forum for users by users and specific account issues can not be handled here. I'm sure you don't want other users accessing your account therefore EA has to handle this. I really do understand your frustration but if I can't duplicate an issue it's hard to long distance troubleshoot. The DRM for TS3 has changed 3 times since release. Because Windows 10 and El Capitan will no longer support the poorly supported SecuROM and SafeDisc there has been problems with games that have not been converted to Origin (the latest DRM). The older games (with SecuROM) will continue to work until you add new content. SecuROM imposed an install limit and caused numerous issues. The whole picture needs to be presented - pc or mac, SecuROM or Origin, network (I just installed a router with a built in firewall), third party antivirus/malware programs, version of your game, version of your operating system, Steam or Origin, is this a default install or custom install, and other items that may affect the computer. When the problem can't readily be solved it's time to roll up the sleeves and get the big shovel out. Once you have eliminated the obvious it's time to start thinking outside the box. Today's modems provided by the ISP can get complicated and are including features modems didn't have a few years ago. If this IS account related each instance has to be thoroughly analyzed.

Message 107 of 236 (619 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice
@roberta591 I appreciate that you are one of those people that takes time out of your day to help other players with their problems. That's cool of you but in this instance I think you'll need to bow out and let the folks like @MaxisBazajaytee handle it. We were asked to provide info because this is a widespread issue, not an isolated incident. If it were just me then yeah it would be a contact EA again thing but really it isn't just me. And we were asked to get everyone who was having these issues to post either here or on the Reddit forum thread and they could compile a list of accounts being affected and what was happening to each. They've acknowledged that it needs their team on it. So thank you for trying but maybe this time you should let them handle it.
Message 108 of 236 (610 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@roberta591 I very much appreciate your help and the time you take too but EA has just become horrendous. And the EA contact link is pretty much useless as you can only select the games and not select the Sims 3 Store so you can't even select the right topics/sub-topics to get help. It's pretty disgusting.

Message 109 of 236 (594 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just checking in to see if anything more has been said about MMAO getting back up and running?

Also I found out I have an issue with logging in and purchasing on my phone, always says that an error has occurred and to try back later. I'm using the Chrome mobile browser. Anyone else have an issue like this?

Message 110 of 236 (586 Views)