Re: Sims 3 Store Specials, Login, and Make Me An Offer Broken

by GMGamerGirl

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

@Rhythmia thanks for the info. I'm glad to hear that things are getting done. I don't expect them to drop everything on current games and just rush to resolve Sims 3 stuff, so a steady supply of solutions is good to hear about.

Message 81 of 236 (969 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Well, I too hope for a solution. My Store account name is Tamaek and I can log in but MMAO does not work for me and (of course) neither does the sales page. Thanks for helping us out.
Message 82 of 236 (954 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
So here I was, about to leave one last angry message stating I was quitting for good when lo and behold, I can log in again. I spent quite some time trying to get someone to answer on the chat channel, and the wait just turned from 25 to 15 minutes, to five, to "oh we're sorry for making you wait, just now noticed there are no assistants available, please try again." It's not pleasant. Every time. Every day.

I have not attempted to log in through the launcher yet but I'm guessing the issue must be solved on both sides. Just in time for Christmas too! Here's hoping everyone else's issues get solved as well.
Message 83 of 236 (921 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am also having an issue with MMAO and the sale page. 

Message 84 of 236 (875 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Glad some folks are getting some of their issues resolved here.

Not to sound like...yanno...but if you're having issues and are posting here in hopes to get them resolved, please try to indicate what exactly you're having issues with, perhaps what browser you're using and making sure it's up to date, maybe even what OS you're using.  If you're having login issues and you have a different login between your Origin account versus thesims3.com store, perhaps indicate which account you're specifically having issues with, as some have done throughout the thread.

I'm currently on Win7 pro, latest version of Chrome and the only issues that I'm experiencing are that the Sale page still isn't updating since the listed October date.  I have two sims3.com accounts, both of which are working perfectly (one was created before the Origin client became a "thing"), including the ability to log in through the site page, as well as being able to log into both accounts via the launcher.  I'm also seeing that the MMAO is working as intended and has been since mentioned in the previous posts.  My results are also persistent across IE also.

Side Note:  Merry Christmas all and hope your issues are resolved soon.

Message 85 of 236 (864 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Welp I guess I was wrong. Whatever issue was preventing me from logging into the store page is gone; I can log in, see my SimPoints, purchase new content, download it, and install it perfectly. However I still cannot log into the game through the launcher or otherwise. Very strange. I do not have several accounts, only the single one I use for playing. Running on Windows 10 Pro.

EDIT: I have managed to pinpoint the issue here. After trying (and failing) to log into the game through both the launcher and the game itself, I am once more stuck in the login-auto-logout cycle I had before on the Sims 3 store site. There is definitely some sort of sync problem here, but I have no idea what's going on. Will just have to give it a few days to see if I can log in once more. I suppose I will be able to use the store in the future provided I never attempt to log into the game.

Message 86 of 236 (846 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@ShawnBreach I was disappointed to see that you are no longer able to sign in at all. I had already planned to comment on logging on in Launcher and in game. I am able to log in online and in game, but not in the launcher.

I'm still not able to get MMAO to work either. I'm on a Mac running the latest OS upgrade. I have the same level of success/failure in any browser I use, so I still believe the issue is within EA's account system and has nothing to with software at my end.

I am also able to sign in to my store account, run ads, earn and spend points. Though I'm totally baffled by the latest change on the site. The Daily Deal rotation times have changed for no apparent reason. If EA is working to fix the site, I have no idea why the code for the DD is being so strangely effected. But hey, maybe it at least means someone is poking around in there.

Message 87 of 236 (823 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

With regard to the Daily Deal times changing at random....

I've experienced the same thing...specifically, when I got to the site, I navigated to the Daily Deal page through the top menu.  Once there, I clicked on the 'next' item that would be offered and when I went 'back', the Daily Deal had changed to the next one, in spite of the time being left on the previous one being just over an hour before the switch....which usually doesn't happen, and that's the first time I've noticed it ever change/jump to the next offer like that.

Just tossin' that out there.

Edit:  I couldn't reproduce the issue either.

Message 88 of 236 (815 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I heard that this was the place to post if I was having issues with the Sims 3 store. I believe the MMAO page has been down for me for over two months, I still have the same specials that were supposed to have ended on 12/10/2016 and for some reason I seem to be unable to add any items to my wishlist (removing them works perfectly fine). My store account name is LillaGrisen. Thanks in advance!

Message 89 of 236 (755 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just popping in to see if there's been any progress towards getting the Sale page of The Sims 3 store back to working status.

An update would be appreciated.

Message 90 of 236 (729 Views)