Re: Sims 3 Store Specials, Login, and Make Me An Offer Broken

by ShawnBreach

Original Post

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

So what do we have to do or who do we have to bother to get this sync problem looked at? Let me guess, that EA advisor chat page which says we'll be helped in less than a minute, but sits there for hours with no one showing up on the other side?

I've passed on so many offers I would like to buy,I stopped checking the site other than to try and log in. I have lost quite a few chances at getting badges (I've only started so I have but a handful of them), it's a major letdown. Plus I want to buy some of the EPs I'm still missing, but I won't even try until this problem is fixed. And if disaster strikes, I too would like to have a way to recover the store content I've bought.

EDIT: I don't think deleting Origin's files on the PC or installing it again would influence our ability to log into the Sims 3 store site from an unrelated mobile device.

Message 61 of 236 (1,001 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Now the Daily Deal Page is down!?

Message 62 of 236 (979 Views)

★★ Novice

Still the same, while I can log in, I am unable to use the MMAO.  Also can't seem to get buy more sims cash to work.   Getting the same error page "We're working on it" as the MMAO shows.  

Basically I can log in, view some things but that's about it. 

Message 63 of 236 (941 Views)

★★★★ Novice

If I login from the main store page, it logs me in.  If I try to go to another page like my account screen, the login box shows up again asking me to login.  If I then try to click billing history, it has me login AGAIN.   Points I bought aren't showing up.

I just tried logging in again and it says my credentials aren't correct despite it being the right password (I can login to the EA site just fine) and it's the password I logged in with just a few minutes previous!

I've used IE, Edge, Firefox and Chrome all with cleared caches with no luck. 

I just want to spend my points.

Message 64 of 236 (928 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I haven't had any login problems, but haven't been able to access the MMAO page (and of course the weekly sales are the same) since mid October like so many others. Have been checking every day. My sims 3 account is different to my Origin account (I'm Xiove over there), and I've been told I couldn't have them merged but never got much of an explanation as to why. Had someone at EA help me transfer sim points I'd bought from my Origin account to the sims3.com account once, but that was it. 

Message 65 of 236 (911 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@ThexPrixie Try this, it was advice given to me and others by a friend on the Sims Forums and it seems to work for a lot of people: Make sure that the main page says you are logged out, clear your browser cache, then navigate to My Page and log in from there. That didn't work for me on my phone with Safari when I was having login issues but it did on my PC using Edge and IE. Other people have reported it working for Chrome and Firefox as well. I hope it works for you.

Message 66 of 236 (899 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Just wanted to add my name to this list that the MMAO page has not been working for me since 12th October. Tried with Edge, Internet Explorer and Chrome, as well as the usual cookie deletion.

It would also be nice if the Sale page was back up and running properly too Standard smile

Thank you for finally noticing our problems and hopefully this gets resolved.

[My username is JennyferLx on the Sims websites]

Message 67 of 236 (876 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@HALO_Project

Thanks for the advice.  When I try to log into My Page after the cache clear, it says my credentials aren't right, despite my copying and pasting my password after typing it out just to make sure.  It still let me login to the main page with that same password.

Message 68 of 236 (853 Views)

★★★★ Novice

To add to the weirdness, I ended up contacting customer support the rep reset my password.  When I logged in, it allowed me to see my points and purchase an item.  It installed into my game correctly.  I then bought more points as a test.  Once the points were purchased, I refreshed the store and was having the same login issues.  The EA rep was still in chat and so she sent me another password reset.  Again, it worked.

Something seems to be breaking once I buy points but is fixed by a password reset.

Message 69 of 236 (832 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I hope you no one takes this the wrong way, but people are buying points during this madness? While we have little assurance that they are fixing the store? I can get in to my account now, but I had to turn off the security in my browser to do it. Which is okay with me, but it isn't like EA/Origin fixed it. I found my own workaround.

Personally I don't buy points anymore, I "farm" the Bonus SimPoints. But if I did, I couldn't imagine giving them more money while the system is broken. Like I said, I don't say this to be offensive, I'm just surprised anyone is taking this risk.

Message 70 of 236 (799 Views)