Sims 3 Store Downloads Failed

by EpicallyColossal

Original Post

Sims 3 Store Downloads Failed

★★★ Novice

My purchases are not downloading... they are uploaded into my Launcher, but when I try to download it prompts "failed". When I look up how to fix this, I made sure my updates are current (which they are) and I even tried the suggested steps;

• Close your game and launcher
  • Go to documents\electronicarts\thesims3 and move the folder DCCache to your desktop (this is ALL your custom content, so if you have 3rd party content as well, you might wanna just move the *.ebc files as well as the missingdeps.idx)
  • If you have any worlds installed go to the installedWorlds folder and delete all Store worlds from there.
  • Go to the DCBackup folder and delete everything in there. You don't really need the stuff in here except for the ccmerged file but since you're reinstalling everything, it will be recreated.
  • Open the launcher and start reinstalling all store stuff in groups. Don't install all in one go. Start with the worlds, then lots, then sets and single items last.

And my downloads are STILL prompting "failed". All of my 3rd party stuff works. And before you tell me it might have something to do with one of my 3rd party downloads it doesn't. Cause I have not downloaded anything new. All my store stuff and 3rd party stuff were working just fine together before. I wouldn't be so worked up about this if it was my 3rd party stuff because that didn't cost me real money to attain.

The only thing I can think of is it might have something to do with my Origin account. Cause my Origin for some reason would not open, even when I used administrative options. So, I got that fixed and ran updates on everything. So, before my Origin decided to throw its tantrum, everything worked. And now that I got my Origin calmed down and functioning, my Sims 3 Store Content is not. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 12 (842 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Store Downloads Failed

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I've been having the same problem, as well. I purchased some stuff from the store and have been trying for four days to get it installed into my game. I've tried downloading it from both the launcher and the in-game downloads dashboard and neither has worked. I'm thinking it might be a problem with the store itself, though, rather than Origin (not that that would be surprising) because I'm playing my game from Steam and yet am having the same exact problem and it is an issue with the store content specifically so maybe there's a bug that needs fixing? Glad to see someone is having the same issue I am, though. Here's to hoping we can get our stuff fixed.

Message 2 of 12 (822 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Huh... now that's interesting. If you're having the same problems through Steam then it's more than likely a store issue. Cause if it was just an Origin issue then "theoretically" your store stuff should work since Steam and Origin are run by two different parties. Well, I just hope that EA isn't ignoring the issue with the Sims3 store with Sims4 being out. Cause that for 1) is crappy service and 2) they really have to think about their players who either arn't ready to jump into the newer games or are perfectly happy with what they are currently playing. Well, at any rate... hopefully they find a solution. Cause in my personal opinion... this is bull$#@%

Message 3 of 12 (804 Views)

★★★ Novice

AGREED. I was actually just wondering about that, too, about the effect The Sims 4 might have on this. I truly hope that's not the case, though. Hopefully all this is is just some bug or glitch with the store or even our games that could be easily fixed or something. But either way, I agree, BS.

Message 4 of 12 (786 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Ive been having this problem as well, and was told ( by EA) my graphics card needed to be replaced. UM, no. It has worked fine for a year, AND it works fine on TS4. Load of stinky stuff imho.

Message 5 of 12 (758 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Okay guys... I use Origin on Windows 7 and I have solved this issue. I'll walk ya through it:

1) Exit Origin (make sure it is not running)
2) Click Start, Click "All Programs", scroll and Click on the "Origin" folder and  Right Click the main program

3) Select Properties

4) Select Compatibility, then unselect ALL boxes in this section (when I say ALL, I mean ALL), then APPLY the changes (close Properties)
5) Click Start and insert in the search bar services.msc, hit enter

6) Scroll down to "Program Compatibility Assistant Service", Right Click, select stop, then Properties (while in the same window) change "Startup Type" to Manual

7) Restart Computer

8) Click Start and insert in the search bar origin.exe (you will see "OriginThinSetup")... click it and follow the directions
9) Update Origin
10) Re-install ALL Store Content
All my Store Content is working again. Please note... I had NO BLOODY HELP from EA on this one. I had to search and play around with my PC to sort this bull$#@% out! As for Steam... I am not sure (as I have never used Steam), but I would assume the process is similar. And if you are not through any of these parties (Origin, Steam, ect.), you have it downloaded directly to your PC with "disc(s)" then you will Right Click on the main game (and repeat this process with ALL expansions) and follow instructions 3 and 4, after applying the changes continue from instruction 5 through 7, then continue from 9 to 10.

Message 6 of 12 (737 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm so glad you figured out how to fix this on your end. I suppose I'm just going to have to resort to messing around on my own computer like you did rather than doing it the same way you did since I'm not only playing through Steam but on Windows 8.1 rather than Windows 7. Maybe I can figure out a similar way to do this, though.

Message 7 of 12 (714 Views)

★★★ Novice

What I found is it boils down to "Program Compatibility". Work with that first, then go from there. Best of luck

Message 8 of 12 (703 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you. By now I'm honestly just at a total loss. I figured out the closest way to adapt what you did to my circumstances and still, nothing. My store content still refuses to install. It's like trying to eat soup through a slotted spoon: just keep scooping up the food only for it to consistently slip through the cracks and never make it to my mouth. The last thing I want to do is give up on it but I'm so frustrated, I don't know what else to do. Maybe I'll figure out something soon, I don't know, I guess we'll see what happens.

Message 9 of 12 (680 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Sorry to hear that. You might have to just contact EA for a solution. EA was NO help to me as I was put on hold for 2+hours and I did NOT feel like waiting any longer. If you do try to contact EA, make sure you inform them of ALL solutions you have tried and hopefully they'll have one for you that works. Good Luck Friend

Message 10 of 12 (668 Views)