Re: Sims 3 Store Downloads Failed

by myaekingheart

Original Post

★★★ Novice

I ended up caving and going to EA Support for help. They made even more of a mess. I got into a live chat with someone who had me perform what I thought be purposeful fixes but instead now I'm stuck with a completely messed up game. My base game plays fine but now according to both my game and launcher, none of my expansion or stuff packs are installed even though Origin says they are and every time I try to install them from the launcher, Origin just interferes and says they're installed when clearly they're not. All of my store and custom content is in the launcher but not installed, either, and I don't even want to try installing it until my EPs and SPs are back where they belong: in my game. And all of my saved games are gone, as well, so there goes hours upon hours of gameplay down the toilet. I thought this was going to be a relatively easy fix but apparently not.

Message 11 of 12 (150 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Oh wow. That really sucks. EA was going to be the next step for myself if I didn't get anything sorted out in a few days on my own. Doesn't Steam have an online save file for your games though? Origin does and I can pick up where I left off anywhere I log on. You should check into that. If not look for your save-games on your PC:

1) Go into your "Save File" for your Sims 3 (ex. mine can be found in documents>electronic arts>the sims 3>saves)

2) If everything is actually deleted the file should be blank. So, Right Click anywhere in the blank space and select "Properties"

3) Select the tab "Previous Versions"

4) Select the most recently dated one, then select "restore"
Once you click the restore button all your saves should be back. Then you will want to copy them to an online drive or a jump drive before you uninstall your Sims 3 from your computer. Uninstall EVERYTHING affiliated with your Sims 3 from your PC. Reinstall base game + expansions, then download all purchases from the online store. After move the copied "save files" from your online storage or jump drive to the Sims 3 "Save" file. Hopefully this will solve your problem since nothing else has worked thus far. I honestly feel for you. Like I said, if I couldn't figure it out on my own I was going to try again with EA. And if it went to hell like your case did then uninstalling and reinstalling would have been my next move. Again, best of luck friend

Message 12 of 12 (131 Views)