Re: Sims 3 Store DLC won't install.

by SandArcher

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Store DLC won't install.

★ Apprentice

Okay, so I started with a CD install of the Sims+Generations, and then added various EPs, Origin said to install the Origin version of sims instead of the CD version, downloadable content was also thrown in....

Then my disk had errors and I reinstalled all my SIMS 3 content from Origin.

Now some of the Sims 3 Store stuff I bought won't install. It tells me that I need to update my game to a new version, which really is misleading as my game is at the lastest rev level. It has to do with DRM which saw CD+Origin before and now sees just Origin, and someone thought that was proof of unpaid for content.

How can I install the Sims 3 store stuff I bought? Dragon Valley, Barnacle Bay, Aurora Skies and more - none of them will install and I paid for them,

Message 1 of 4 (2,892 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Apprentice

Anyone else with this problem, please read this:

http://simsvip.com/2014/08/20/sims-3-store-ensuring-a-proper-reinstallation-of-backed-up-content/

What this error means is that you probably installed your game originally with the Game CD, and then after a hard disk replacement or re-image or whatnot, reinstalled on the same computer via Origin download. Or, less likely, the other way around - went from an Origin download install to a CD install.

So, what I did that worked was this:

1) Uninstall the game.

2) Re-install the game the same way I originally installed it on your computer; by my old CD.

3) Install the updates.

4) re-install the DLC.

This worked for me, after spending a hundred of dollars on "Help" which didn't solve this KNOWN problem, after buying FOUR count them FOUR copies of Dragon Valley (three online, one CD), and days of frustration.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (3,122 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Even though you may be updated to 1.67, I would suggest downloading and installing the super patch anyways: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Current-Patch-1-67-Manual-links-and-more/td-p/67858

Say "yes" if it asks you if you want to overwrite the current version 

@Steve_Lajoie

Message 2 of 4 (2,878 Views)

★ Apprentice

I had tried to use superinstall before.

My version before Superinstall was 1.67.2.024017

"Game Updates" on the Sims 3 Game Launcher said "Your game is up to date."

Ran superinstall. Superinstall says

The setup has detected that version 1.67.002 of the Sims 3 is already installed.

This setup updates The Sims 3 to the same version that is already installed, therefor this update is not needed.

Do you want to install the update anyway?

Click Yes. It installs the update, Update complete... Click "Finish".

Start the Launcher, Click downloads, Select Dragon Valley. Click Install..

DragonValleyStandard.Sims3Pack: Please make sure your game has the latest Software Updates and try again.

Now, elsewhere on the net it has been said that this has nothing to do with updates - this is a misleading message meant for people who are pirating Sims3 store DLC. However, people who installed from disk and then from Origin, or from Origin and then from Disk, get caught by the DRM routine as not being from the same owner who bought the software.

That's the case with me. I installed Sims 3 from disk, and then Origin had me install the Origin download to work with Origin Sims 3 EP.

My disk had issues, I uninstalled Sims 3 and reinstalled... all from Origin. Now my purchased DLC won't work.

Is there a solution for this?

Message 3 of 4 (2,870 Views)

★ Apprentice

Anyone else with this problem, please read this:

http://simsvip.com/2014/08/20/sims-3-store-ensuring-a-proper-reinstallation-of-backed-up-content/

What this error means is that you probably installed your game originally with the Game CD, and then after a hard disk replacement or re-image or whatnot, reinstalled on the same computer via Origin download. Or, less likely, the other way around - went from an Origin download install to a CD install.

So, what I did that worked was this:

1) Uninstall the game.

2) Re-install the game the same way I originally installed it on your computer; by my old CD.

3) Install the updates.

4) re-install the DLC.

This worked for me, after spending a hundred of dollars on "Help" which didn't solve this KNOWN problem, after buying FOUR count them FOUR copies of Dragon Valley (three online, one CD), and days of frustration.

Message 4 of 4 (3,123 Views)