Re: Sims 3 Product key not working

by roberta591

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Product key not working

★★ Novice

I bought a copy of The Sims 3 at my local Walmart(New, not used) and when it came time to enter the product key, it was rejected. I double checked and it was right, so I went to the FAQs page to see what was wrong, and from there, I was redirected to The Sims 3 website to input the product key. Still rejected. I really want to play The Sims 3. What else can I try?

Message 1 of 7 (1,311 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

@goonboy45  I don't think you can enter pack codes unless you already have the base game redeemed (maybe). It seems the system thinks the code for the base game is redeemed (maybe). As this is an open public forum, accounts can not be accessed here so you will have to contact EA customer service about this issue - link - EA customer service

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (1,327 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@goonboy45 Where are you trying to redeem the code?  Google EA Origin and download and install the proper format. Create an account IF you don't have an account already. Did you try entering the code manually? Sometimes there are character codes imbedded in the copy and paste.

Message 2 of 7 (1,283 Views)

★★ Novice

I have tried entering the code manually. Origin came with my DVD and I have an account.

Message 3 of 7 (1,278 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@goonboy45  Have you ever successfully redeemed any other codes to that account? Open Origin - click Origin in the upper left - click redeem product code...  What antivirus are you using? Was the package of the game sealed when you bought it?

Message 4 of 7 (1,264 Views)

★★ Novice

I have The Sims 3 Starter Pack, so I tried the other two product keys. They both worked. And yes, it was sealed(I got it new). I use Windows Defender , the default for Windows 10. and, yes, I have turned off my firewall.

Message 5 of 7 (1,254 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@goonboy45  I don't think you can enter pack codes unless you already have the base game redeemed (maybe). It seems the system thinks the code for the base game is redeemed (maybe). As this is an open public forum, accounts can not be accessed here so you will have to contact EA customer service about this issue - link - EA customer service

Message 6 of 7 (1,328 Views)

★★ Novice

I went to EA customer support and after 3 conversations, I had the game, as well as everything in the starter pack. Plus one more expansion pack. Moral: never give up.

Message 7 of 7 (1,217 Views)