Re: Sims 3 Pets not installing

by grahampc

Original Post

Sims 3 Pets not installing

★ Novice

I have The Sims 3 Plus Season and it installed without any problems.  But now I am trying to install Sims 3 Pets and when I put the disk it it says "

Do you want to completely remove the selected application and all of its features? Yes or No.  I don't want any uninstalled, I want Sims 3 Pets to install.  It never even start to install at all?  Why is this happening.  My PC meets all the requirements.  Am I installing it incorrectly?

Message 1 of 8 (4,523 Views)

★ Pro

After you put the disc in your game, click on My Computer or Computer, right click The Sims 3 game and select open, search for a file that says Sims3EP05Setup.exe double click it and it should load the setup.

Message 2 of 8 (4,518 Views)

★ Novice

Nope, still doesn't work; I tried your instructions and I still get this dorky message: Do you want to completely remove the selected application and all of its features? Yes or No.

Thanks for trying to help.

Could it be that the disc is defective?  This is the 3rd disc I have tried and I probably won't be able to return it this time :-(

Any other solutions are welcome!

Message 3 of 8 (4,506 Views)

★ Pro

It has nothing to do with the disc, might have something to do with auto-play. Maybe try doing a system restore. Go to Start \ Accessories \ System Tools \ System Restore. Choose a date prior to your installation issue. After it has restored to a previous point, try installing again.

Message 4 of 8 (4,496 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for you help - I figured it out finally Confusedmileysurprised:

Turns out I went to the Origin screen --> My games and I could see my Sims 3 and Sims 3 Pet was grayed out.  So I clicked on it and it asked me to connect to the internet.  It is now downloading.  I guess this wasn't clear to me, since I have the disc?  I thought it was supposed to install directly from the disc?  The game was already registered, and I didn't understand the next step.  Once it is done downloading, I'm sure this game will finally play....  Thanks again.

Message 5 of 8 (4,482 Views)

★ Novice

Nope, not even that worked.  This makes no sense.  It acted like it was downloading for several hours.  Then eventually I get a button called install and click that and it says the same dumb thing again "Do you want to completely remove the selected application and all of its features? Yes or No.”

I think I'm giving up and and will return the Pets 3.  There seems to be no solution as far as I can tell.Confusedmileymad:

Message 6 of 8 (4,454 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Its 2015... And I have THE SAME Problem.. still no solution what so ever...😠
Message 7 of 8 (2,740 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That message should mean that it's already installed. So it's possible you already have it installed, but you haven't "activated" it. (You can turn the various add-in packs on and off.) 

From the Sims 3 game menu, click the "Expansions and Stuff" button and make sure Pets is activated.

g.

Message 8 of 8 (1,712 Views)