Sims 3 Pets graphic Issues

by Bellethenakedcat

Original Post

Sims 3 Pets graphic Issues

★★★ Newbie

So there are many problems with the pets, 

1. They have no fluff? So I have seen that sims pets are supposed to have realistic fur which can be seen  as fluffy streaks of hair all over them, but mine dont have this. When I add any amount of fur, even on high detail the pets fur surface is flat and just makes them look chubby not furry or fluffy. I want to know how I might be able to fix this? Or when a patch update with come out to fix this?

2.There are white lines circled around their heads, necks, ears and tail. Everytime I try to make a custom pet, they always have these. They actually dont have them on low detail, but on high sim detail they arent hard to notice. I also want to find a solution to these.

3. Everytime I try to create a pet it exits without saving and glitches badly.Once I exit advanced fur coloring mode, the pet turns colorful with red or black eyes, and the create a pet menu is glitched and messed up with horrible lagging. If I dont exit quickly or save the pet, about 15 seconds later it will show a pop up asking me If I would want to debug a file, and clickng either one results in the sims shutting down. I always say yes, but nothing is changing, this one actually is the most confusing and frustrating.

I know well enough that none of this is suppose to happen, I play on my new macbook, and downloaded the game off origin, I downloaded some mods that arent supposed to effect gameplay, but i just dont understand whats wrong.

Message 1 of 4 (1,214 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Pets graphic Issues

★ Apprentice

Sadly, I have the first problem as well... Disappointed

Message 2 of 4 (1,103 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Bellethenakedcat  Please post your computer's dxdiag - link - how to post dxdiag   thank you

Message 3 of 4 (1,092 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay, first off I'm using a non-gaming laptop and I have fluff, so try using this:

Delete your electronic arts folder and let it generate a new one.

Delete your cache

Try these settings:

Enable Object Hiding : On

Enable Animation Smoothing: On

Enable Advanced Rendering: On

Reflection Quality: Mirrors and Water

Edge Smoothing: High

Visual Effects: Medium

Lighting and Shadows: Medium

Tree Detail: Low

Draw Distance: High

High Detail Lots: 4