Sims 3 Pets Glitch

by reikokurenai

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 Pets Glitch

★★★ Newbie

I turned on my advanced rendering and I restarted my computer as it told me, It just made the game even more glitched. I've looked everywhere for an answer on this and even e-mailed EA. I would like for this to work because I spent $20 on this game and was so excited to play it and then I was disapointed when it didn't work the way I wanted it to.Confusedmileysad:

Message 11 of 28 (2,449 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine became even more glitched when I turned on the Advanced Rendering. I was so angry when I turned it on...

Message 12 of 28 (2,449 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi so about this glitch its 2014 and I recieved The Sims 3 Pets expansion for Christmas. I instastaled it (I have no mods or custom content just some other expansions.) and once I went into my save game I when to adopt some pets and they looked all deformed. So i went in CAP and they STILL looked all deformed and other stuff. This glitch is still not fixed. :c But EA says its because of a graphics card onto your computer. But they won't tell us where to buy or explain what they are? Once again I have no mods or custom content just 2 other expansions and its 3 years after the big complant. Wow Thats EA for the awesomeest Christmas present. :c

Message 13 of 28 (2,370 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Where do you check your graphics card updates? o:

Message 14 of 28 (2,371 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same glitch too. It's really hard to get into the game when the pets look freaky! My computer is several years old too. Can you replace the graphics cards on a laptop? I heard somewhere the card can't be removed or something.

@TFIOSaddict wrote:

I have this Glitch.. I checked Tons of websites and It turns out my Video/Graphics card Hasn't been Updated in 6 FREAKING YEARS. So it might be that..

Message 15 of 28 (2,362 Views)

★ Guide

I know this is old posts, but I just wanted to say in case someone is searching around like I was trying to find a solution to the deformed pets.

I had the same problem

My computer is a Dell Optiplex 755 with a incompatible graphic card. I read a lot on how most people  have updated their graphic cards and still had the same problem.

With my computer, its apparently hard to find a decent graphic card without having to upgrade the power supply as well. But, I called a local tech guy and he found a compatible graphic card and installed it. Didn't have to change the power supply and Viola! My pets are normal now. I payed less than $100.

Message 16 of 28 (2,308 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this same problem. But i do not have 1 mod. I do not know how to fix this. My horses hove very bulgy eyes. By dogs look surprised and my cats look like a stack of wood. They look deformed also.

Message 17 of 28 (2,193 Views)

★ Novice

I have this glitch, it is graphics and it is annoying. I keep trying new things because I have had pets since the day it was released, my pc will play all expansions and most stuff packs apart from master suite and PETs! my card is unsupported with NVIDIA 6150SE. Is there a patch or can somebody point me to the latest driver? 

Message 18 of 28 (2,119 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Uh no if the card is unsupported it's unsupported no driver or patch is going to fix that. Plus that card you have isn't even on the list of cards capable of playing the Sims 3 http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_System_Requirements

I'm surprised the game even plays at all with that card.

Message 19 of 28 (2,109 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got sims3 and pets just a short while ago, I did play a while it worked fine, but then somewhen i made a bullterrier, he is incredibly messed. he seems to be squished flat and the worst is i can not interact with it in that state. it only seems to be his normal standing position doing that htough but it does cut off all action towards the dog..

also, i have pets for xbox, it is INCREDIBLY messed up, it is unplayable. i build a house, i play 5 mins, game crashes and the save is lost. i had that many times and I gave it up entirely. even just decorating a house, leaving it like it is lead to that and also yes the pets just were a heap of glitch ,undefinable mass of jumpy material, it doesnt just suck it is scary.

Message 20 of 28 (2,021 Views)