Sims 3 Pets Glitch

by reikokurenai

Original Post

Sims 3 Pets Glitch

★★★ Newbie

So I'm having an issue. and I'm becoming very impatient about this matter. I have spoken with 3 different people about this ordeal. All of which were helpful, but all of which told me to do different things. Reguarding the sims 3 pets glitch. That I have no IDEA HOW TO FIX. and all I want is something else for my time/money. 

I went to target 2 days ago. Bought sims 3 pets expansion. came home, installed it. Got to playing the next day, pets are deformed. I am extremely confused. ((it's sims 3, I would figure that considering how this expansion came out about a yr ago, it'd be just fine. nope!!)) I spoke with one representative. Very nice guy, Gordan. I think his name was, basically thought that the expansion was not showing up on my origin account. But he was a nice guy to talk to and was helpful in his own way. 

Paveeb? I think this guy's name was. Also helpful. He wanted to know if I had downloaded the recent update. I thought I did, but I retried, thanks to him, just to make sure. And I tried out my game early this morning to see if the download worked out. it didn't.. 

So I get on, not 10 minutes ago, to talk to one other. and and his/her name is Vivek. Tells me to come here, express to anyone reading this. That I have a problem with a GLITCH in a GAME that SHOULD HAVE been FIXED a long while back.

All these people are helpful people and as far as I care, they are pretty cool. However, this does not solve my problem. All I want. Is either; a refund, a different game in exchange, or a possible answer to what I and/or the team can do to fix this. I spent good money on a game that entertains me, only to find that I can't play it properly b/c of reasons that are unknown to me. I WANT to know how to fix this problem. Can someone PLEASE HELP ME???

Also, I was told to express this: 

~ The pets look like ... disfigured.. deformed. Like the horse's mouth.. the bottom lip reaches to the horse's hooves.
~ The ankles of the horse, are bent.
~ The tail looks like a tail with a weird spike that curves downward,..
~ It looks like crazy creatures that go bump in the night, like it would terrify children.
Message 1 of 28 (29,338 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Pets Glitch

★★★ Novice

I don't have a fix for you but a question instead. Do you have any mods on the game that could potentially cause the game to mess up?

Message 2 of 28 (29,204 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have many mods.  Yes. Do I need to get rid of them??

Message 3 of 28 (29,202 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was just asking as I said above I have no fix for this stuff but it might help someone who can tell you what to do to know which types of mods you use Standard smile Good luck.

Message 4 of 28 (29,199 Views)

Hero (Retired)

first go to the options menu in your game turn advance rendering on see if that sorts it for you also once you turn the advance rendering on restart your computer hopefully that is the issue  , also check if your graphics card needs an update if your card is an nvidea go to nvidea.com they have  auto detect and install if your cards needs any updates that will do it for you if your card is an ati/amd go to their site they also have an auto detect and install once your card has been updated restart your computer

Message 5 of 28 (29,193 Views)

Hero (Retired)

p.s. you also need to check if your mods are updated to the latest patch that you have so if your 1.57 you need to check the state of the mods move them to the desktop until your patched up

Message 6 of 28 (29,190 Views)

★★ Novice

This is happening to me too.

I bought the games today brand new and installed them onto my laptop which has the RAM and Hard drive space. It did its thing took half an hour for one of them and then I could play. It told me that my video card was out of date but it wasn't  problem. I later on after the incident fixed it in hope of making it work.

I made my sim and they were fine, no deformities no nothing. Then I made a dog.

Its eyes were funny and it has a half silhouette of fur on it, its body was smashed up and its tail was everywhere, its legs were just long sticks really.

I thought it to be strange and so made a horse instead. The horses eyes were googly and its ankles were splayed out, it has a ripped around back and the bottom jaw was pulled to hit the floor. I then tried to play as them and see but it gave me the same thing. I tried a already made preset and it was the same and I even tried a family already on the map with horses and it was all messed.

I was looking forward to playing this game like the old ones. They suddenly seem much better

Message 7 of 28 (28,843 Views)

Hero (Retired)

go to the three dots and enable advance rendering on tick accept save and quit the game relaunch your launcher and strt your game see if that will make a difference for you

Message 8 of 28 (28,840 Views)

★★ Novice

Try getting a new Video card. I have the same problem and I have no mods in my game. My dad is gonna try to get one from where he works or buy one at walmart. 

Message 9 of 28 (28,438 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this Glitch.. I checked Tons of websites and It turns out my Video/Graphics card Hasn't been Updated in 6 FREAKING YEARS. So it might be that..

Message 10 of 28 (27,733 Views)