Sims 3- My saves folder is missing.

by ForeverFearless7

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3- My saves folder is missing.

★ Novice

hello Confusedmileyhappy: so I have been having some problems with the sims 3 crashing, to the point where I had tried possible fixes from other simmers with this problem and in the end the only think left that I could do was unistall the sims 3 and all the expansion packs and reinstall. I did this and no longer had the problem of crash (My computer fits in with the system requirements so it wasn't that) but now my problem is with saves. I only got round to installing the base game and the generations pack. I had saves 3 different household since then but today when I tried to play on them it said there was a error with the save and it was reccommended that I restart the application, which I did with no success. I then decided to go into my documents to the saves file to see if any ened with .BAD or show any indication that the save was corrupted, but the file wasn't there. I assumed that there was a problem with the reinstall and thought that seeing as my game was already messsed up that I would uninstall and try again. I then played on a new family and it saved multiple times without any problem but after exiting the game I decided to see if I now had a saves folder, but I don't. The first time this happened I did try to create a saves file in 'the sims 3' file in my documents in the hope that I could trick the game to save the games there. I have no idea where my saves are and have tried searching for them without success. does anyone have any ideas as to why this has happened and how I can fix it? the only files that I have in the sims 3 file in my documents is downloads, exports, installed worlds, recorded videos and screenshots and all. thanks in advance for your help!

Message 1 of 4 (2,746 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3- My saves folder is missing.

★ Novice

I went to my Computer (I'm using PC) and searched for Electronic Arts and it came up with four different folders. I have the usually ones in my documents, program data and program files but I also had one in under 'Public' then 'Public Documents folder and that was where my saves were. For some reason, when I load the game some saves appear and some don't, however, when I try to load them it comes up with an error saying something like 'file is corrupted, strongly suggest restarting the application'. I don't understand why it has suddenly started saving there or why I had a file in both public documents and my documents instead of one or the other. thank you so much for your help! Confusedmileyhappy:

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (3,030 Views)

All Replies

Hero

So you have no files inside the saves folder but yet they show in your main menu ?

Are you sure there isn't a documents folder somewhere else on your computer ?

Did you try making a save with a very weird name like wefjwjnf and then search your computer for taht ?

Also are you on a PC or Mac ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (2,741 Views)

★ Novice

I went to my Computer (I'm using PC) and searched for Electronic Arts and it came up with four different folders. I have the usually ones in my documents, program data and program files but I also had one in under 'Public' then 'Public Documents folder and that was where my saves were. For some reason, when I load the game some saves appear and some don't, however, when I try to load them it comes up with an error saying something like 'file is corrupted, strongly suggest restarting the application'. I don't understand why it has suddenly started saving there or why I had a file in both public documents and my documents instead of one or the other. thank you so much for your help! Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 3 of 4 (3,031 Views)

Hero

Use this to make sure the location of your documents folder is set to the one for your profile: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310147

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (2,736 Views)