Sims 3 Mac - Insert Disc When I Digitaly Downloaded IT!

by tdichello

Original Post

Sims 3 Mac - Insert Disc When I Digitaly Downloaded IT!

★★★ Newbie

Hey  I Downloaded The Sims 3 for the mac via origin and when i try to play it it keeps telling me to insert the showtime play disc! But there is no play disc as its was a origin digital download! Has anyone else had the same problem? 

Thanks Tom 

Message 1 of 4 (204 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Mac - Insert Disc When I Digitaly Downloaded IT!

Champion (Retired)

@tdichello wrote:

Hey  I Downloaded The Sims 3 for the mac via origin and when i try to play it it keeps telling me to insert the showtime play disc! But there is no play disc as its was a origin digital download! Has anyone else had the same problem? 

Thanks Tom 

Hello Tom

Some simmers find that even though they are using an Origin download of their game, they are being prompted to insert a disc. This may be because you have a previous version installed from disc and this will need to be uninstalled.

Follow BluebellFlora's instructions to ensure a clean uninstallation: http://bluebellflora.com/the-sims-3-on-a-mac/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac/

You launch TS3 from the latest expansion pack or stuff pack that you have installed (this means the most recent release date by EA, not the order in which you bought or installed the games). If you run the latest EP or SP as an Origin digital download, it should not ask you for a disc.

If, on the other hand, you have never had TS3 installed on this computer from disc, then something else must be wrong, in which case post again.

Caspin

Message 2 of 4 (198 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have followed that and it is still coming up with the same 

Message 3 of 4 (194 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Are any of your TS3 games installed from discs or is everything from Origin?

Message 4 of 4 (183 Views)