Sims 3 Launcher "The website cannot display the page" issue

by BakerLady7

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Launcher "The website cannot display the page" issue

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Origin updated today, and since it did, I haven't been able to log in on the Sims 3 game launcher (to download content from the store). Before the update it was working fine, now its not. I am logged in on the Sims 3 website and on Origin, perfectly fine, but can't log in on the launcher. Will I have to uninstall it and reinstall it? Note: I have tried a couple solutions, but nothing has worked so far.

Message 1 of 29 (10,997 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 Launcher "The website cannot display the page" issue

Hero (Retired)

@privatename1 @BakerLady7 @littletonpace @aijada @EmileeAllene When EA restarts the web site the cookie becomes invalid. If the game can't use the stored cookie it gets confused. Sometimes the cookie will time out and delete but most of the time you need to go into IE and clear the browsing history or just reset the browser - either will work. You have to do this in IE not the browser you normally use. The game uses IE to communicate. Windows 10 default browser is Edge - that's not it. Windows 10 do a search for internet explorer and it will (should) find IE 11. Open it - go to options - clear browsing history. the launcher should work fine after that. If it happens again you'll have to clear the cookie again.

hth

View in thread

Message 13 of 29 (12,656 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Is your computer a pc or mac? Is the game patched to the latest version?

Message 2 of 29 (10,895 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It's a PC and yes, patched to version 1.69.... It was working perfectly fine before the update, then after the update, I can't login. And the game will open, but I am the "invalid email/password" when I try to login in the game. Any ideas?

Message 3 of 29 (10,890 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This is what I get when I open the Sims 3 Launcher. Cannot login in the game either.

Message 4 of 29 (10,878 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having same issues, please fix!

Message 5 of 29 (10,871 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah, mine is the exact same way.

Message 6 of 29 (10,850 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same problem and have been looking for a fix! Please Help! 

Message 7 of 29 (10,839 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having this problem, too! Anyone find a solution yet?

Message 8 of 29 (10,763 Views)

★★★ Novice
Me too Frown any solutions ??
Message 9 of 29 (10,740 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I'm having this problem too.  I fixed it briefly with a clean wipe, a complete reinstall and then all my custom content.  But once i got into a game a for a bit, it bugged out on me again.  My boyfriend's had no problems with his game, but he's back on Windows 8 still with a fairly small install, not much content or EPs.

I'm on Windows 10 and running the 1.69.43... version.  I've tried various fixes.

First i went in and cleared out the history of Internet Explorer and Edge browsers (because the launcher uses them).  No luck

Then i tried tidying up various temp and backup files in the Sims 3 folder.  There's a list on a website by the name of Mea's Musings that explains what files are extraneous.  Stil didn't help.

Then a full repair of my install through Origin (even though i only reinstalled yesterday).  And at the same time, i went into Documents/Electronic Arts and renamed my Sims 3 folder to start with a fresh, empty, no CC version of the game.  Still the launcher didn't work.

Eventually i found a drastic fix by using CCleaner to wipe all the settings of Internet Explorer and Edge and Windows Explorer, and generally just clean up garbage in my registry as well.  It's a bit of a dangerous fix because it can wipe a lot of settings if you don't pay attention to it.  But whatever it did, it managed to let me login through the launcher again.  Use with caution.  

Next up, i'm going to try using SimPort and see if my game gets screwed up again....

UPDATE: Still haven't tried SimPort yet.  But i only got a couple days of playing in before the Welcome screen failed to load again.   Whatever it is they've done seems to just end up corrupting IE's temporary internet files.  Ran CCleaner and wiped the entire history from Internet Explorer and it fixes the problem.  Still a crappy solution, but it works...

Message 10 of 29 (10,723 Views)