Re: Sims 3 Launcher Won't Open in Windows 10

by roberta591

Original Post

Sims 3 Launcher Won't Open in Windows 10

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

About last month or so I decided to play The Sims on my laptop again and I re-installed all of my games, everything was working fine until I decided to download some CC from The Sims Resource website and afterwards my launcher would freeze every time I tried to play. I'm not much of a tech savvy, and I've tried to find a solution that best helps my problem. Please help ! !

Message 1 of 6 (563 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@AhsokasBoyfriend Are you playing the Sims or Sims 3? Did you remove the cc and see if the game runs?

Message 2 of 6 (539 Views)

★★ Novice

The Sims 3, I didn't know exactly which CC piece that was causing problems so I deleted all of my CC and uninstalled the game to see if anything happened and it was still freezing up every time I tried to play.

Message 3 of 6 (530 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@AhsokasBoyfriend If your computer is a pc please post your computer's dxdiag - link for how to post dxdiag - how to post dxdiag

Message 4 of 6 (514 Views)

★★ Novice

@roberta591 Here it is:

Message 5 of 6 (509 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@AhsokasBoyfriend Your computer does not meet the minimum requirements. The game requires a minimum of 128Mb of dedicated video memory and yours has 32Mb of dedicated video memory. Actually your computer has no real dedicated video memory as the memory is borrowed from main memory. The Intel core I3 3217U is a very weak processor as the clock is only 1.8Ghz and there is no turbo in your cpu which makes it below minimum requirement. While the game may run there is no guarantee it will continue to run properly. The Sims 3 is a 3D graphical game that requires at least entry level gaming hardware that meets the minimum requirements to run properly.

Message 6 of 6 (500 Views)