Re: Sims 3 Launcher Script Error and Game Closing When Loading Family

by roberta591

Original Post

Sims 3 Launcher Script Error and Game Closing When Loading Family

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have recently started playing Sims 3 (and quite a few expansions) again and this morning I went to play and it comes up with a script error and something about Facebook, I am attaching a word doc which contains a screenshot of the problem showing up. I have tried clicking yes and no when this poops up but no matter what I choose, when I go into the game and go to load a family it gets halfway through loading the family and crashes. 

I found an old thread mentioning to clean out IE cache and reset settings which I have tried to no evail. I have also reinstalled Origin. I want to avoid uninstalling and reinstalling all my games as my game discs are in storage at the moment. I am running IE 11.0.9600.18816

If anyone could offer some help that would be great Standard smile

Message 1 of 4 (329 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@skyrockethoffman  What is the version of your game - launcher in the lower left?

Message 2 of 4 (291 Views)

★ Novice

I am not sure what version but I pressed no when the error came up but started a new save file rather than an old one and it worked fine, maybe the file was corrupt?

Message 3 of 4 (284 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@skyrockethoffman  I think the launcher is trying to get some data from Facebook and getting an error. I just click no to continue scripts and the error goes away.

Message 4 of 4 (280 Views)