Re: Sims 3 Launcher Not Working

by zetty1

Original Post

Sims 3 Launcher Not Working

★★★ Newbie

My Sims 3 Launcher will not open. I know there are many others out there with the same problem. I used to have the issue with both origin and the sims 3 launcher but I re-installed origin and the problem was gone. However, now I've unistalled and re-installed ALL of the sims 3 games, I still cannot open the launcher. Of course, now I have the added problem that I cannot re-install all of my custom content because the launcher won't open to install it.

The message said, Sims3Launcher has stopped working A problem cause the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I've done the patch manually, I even waited for Island Paradise to come out and tried the installation of that in case that worked. Of course, it did not. After multiple tries, today I uninstalled every Sims 3 game and re-installed everything and still that did not work. I know how to by pass the launcher but that doesn't help me re-install all of my custom content including the downloaded worlds from the Sims 3 store. 

I don't mind having to by pass the launcher even though that is not how we should have to start the game. Everything should just work correctly but I hate the fact that now that I tried the only solution everyone else told me to try didn't work I can't even use all of the downloaded content I have. It's all just wasted space now. Plus all of the Sims families I have that are saved in the downloaded worlds are useless now too. 

Does anyone know if there is a way to install the downloaded content manually, or have any other solution to the launcher problem.

Message 1 of 22 (19,113 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Me too. I used to have my game on steam and it worked fine but then I got a stuff pack for origin only so I started to download my game on origin. It doesn't work and I cannot install any of my expansion and stuff packs.

It said that you have to update your game but I can't get to the launcher stage.

Message 2 of 22 (18,896 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem. I installed the latest sims 3 with a little trouble at first. and i have purchased Sims 3:Generations via Origin but i can't get either of them to work because of the launcher problem. I can also by pass the launcher but that doesn't allow me to use the Generation expansion that i have purchased for 30 bucks.
If anyone can help i would truly appreciate it. I have already uninstalled and re-installed everything twice. please HELP!

Message 3 of 22 (18,892 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

hey there.............I was talking to someone at origin a week ago and again yesterday. There is a glitch in the newest game version update. They have their expert team working to fix it. If you want to talk to someone you can go to origin and on the top right you have 2 options.........one is live chat and one is call me. I hit call me and someone called me about 10 mins. later. She said they are working on it...........................all the best........ hope we can get playing our games again soon

Message 4 of 22 (18,889 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I uninstalled my games so that I could start fresh with the DLC. I was getting a message about incompatible DLC. I reinstalled my sims 3 base game and the launcher won't come up. It keeps saying the launceher is not working and my Electronic arts folder is there, but I'm locked out of the folder. WTH!!!!???

Message 5 of 22 (18,885 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem and what makes it so much worse is that origin caused it. Origin asked me to unistall my base game and reinstall in order to install a new stuff pack that I bought through them and now nothing will work, the launcher won't open, I can't even bypass it. I ha ve tried reinstalling everything but none of my other expansion packs will install until I update through the launcher, which I can't do. I hate that the reason I'm in this mess is because I bought a stupid stuff pack through Origin. I don't even care that my sims are gone at this point, I would just like to be able to play the game I spent a lot of money on. Confusedmileymad:

Message 6 of 22 (17,288 Views)

Hero

Try downloading the patch manually here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-63/td-p/67858/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 22 (17,257 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is exactly the same problem I've had. I bought an expansion pack from origin which said I had to uninstall the base game and download it through them first, which I did and now the launcher wont open and I can't reinstall any of my expansions until i update the game. nightmare! 

Message 8 of 22 (17,239 Views)

Hero

Did you try the manual patch linked above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 22 (17,212 Views)

★ Novice

Yup.............Nothing is Working and Its 2014!!!!!!! I bought both sims 3 and the pets expansion. Nothing works!!! I have called to try and resolve this same problem, he was helpful, but I dont think EA is even investing anything else in this game. I'm super frustrated with EA and this whole Origin download, I will probably never buy another Sims game. 

Message 10 of 22 (14,848 Views)