Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Sims 3 Keeps Crashing (Windows 8)

by nmm0598

Original Post

Sims 3 Keeps Crashing (Windows 8)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

I can play the game fine for about 30 minutes and then it freezes for a couple seconds and crashes. Lately it has been getting worse. I checked the DEP and it was fine. I do have some CC installed, I tried to delete some of the suspicious ones, but it didn't help any. Now when I try to uninstall some CC it pulls up the uninstalling screen and then THAT crashes. I have Generations and Pets installed as well.  I also have a glitch where the Sims will randomly not be able to move anywhere. I have to go into buy mode and move them, it only happens with certain Sims and it happens pretty frequently.

Message 1 of 2 (3,932 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Keeps Crashing (Windows 8)

★★★★ Newbie

I had this problem too, and I did the same as you (deleting the custom content, etc), and it still crashed. 

So far, the only way I've been able to run Sims 3 without it crashing (on Windows 8, that is) is to run it in compatibility mode for Windows XP (I chose Windows XP instead of Windows 7 because 7 makes the graphics look poopy on my computer). 

To run it in compatibility mode, just right-click on Sims 3, go to Properties, then go into the Compatibility tab and choose "Run this program in compatibility mode for...  ". 

As for the sims randomly freezing, I didn't have that problem so I can't help you on that one.  Maybe running Sims 3 in compatibility mode will get rid of that? 

Anyway, I hope I was able to help you out.  :3

Message 2 of 2 (3,798 Views)

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

Check out the new EA Help!

We want to make finding the help you need better, faster, and easier.

So, we’ve had some work done at help.ea.com