Sims 3 Island Paradise freezing because of "download"

by ninasyd

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Island Paradise freezing because of "download"

★★★ Newbie

I recently downloaded The Sims 3 Island Paradise and I've been having some trouble with the game ever since.

I downloaded and installed the game via Origin and after I installed it and was ready to play, the same window kept popping up whenever I start the game "If you start this game with an ongoing download it could affect the game" - and that was correct.

The game freezes every few minutes, especially if I try to change the speed.

The problem is that I don't have an ongoing download anymore, I can't find the download section and I've run out of options.

Also tried to delete Origin and install it again many times, without luck. The same message keeps popping up every time I start the game.

Does anyone know how I can try to fix this?

Message 1 of 2 (218 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 Island Paradise freezing because of "download"

EA app Team

Hi @ninasyd,

Welcome to the community! :eahigh_file:

This sounds like some kind of installation issue, so let's ask Origin to check the installation of the game, ok?

Right click on the game and select 'Repair'. This will make Origin check the game files, and it will download the ones that are corrupted.

When the reparation is done, try to open your game again. Still getting the "If you start this game with an ongoing download it could affect the game" message?

-Mai

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (241 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 3 Island Paradise freezing because of "download"

EA app Team

Hi @ninasyd,

Welcome to the community! :eahigh_file:

This sounds like some kind of installation issue, so let's ask Origin to check the installation of the game, ok?

Right click on the game and select 'Repair'. This will make Origin check the game files, and it will download the ones that are corrupted.

When the reparation is done, try to open your game again. Still getting the "If you start this game with an ongoing download it could affect the game" message?

-Mai

Message 2 of 2 (242 Views)