Sims 3 Island Paradise Download Problum

by lindseysims

Original Post

Sims 3 Island Paradise Download Problum

★★★ Novice

Ok so I bought this expansation pack online(which was a PC/MAC download) for my PC and it's not downloading. It showed up in my Orgin launcher and when I went to download it a popup came up and said, "The file or directory is corrupted and unreacheable." then another one from Orgin came and said, "Error  Windows prevented the application from creating a download directory. Please accept the UAC promt to begin downloading the game." What is a UAC promt? Please help me I'm 14 and took up alot of time and work  to save up $30 to buy this expanstion pack. :womansad:

Message 1 of 6 (297 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Island Paradise Download Problum

★★★ Novice

I have also tryed to refresh, delete all my catch history, exit out of Orgin, shut off laptop and try again and nothing works! Please Help I'm in a tottal freak out mode right now and want to play my game. HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!  :womanmad:

Message 2 of 6 (292 Views)

Hero

Hi,

here's some info on UAC: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_Account_Control

Does this not pop up for you ? You need to give Origin the permission to create a folder on your computer and this is why you need to accept the prompt.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (288 Views)

★★★ Novice

No that dosn't pop up, and I still don't understand how to do a UAC promt.

Message 4 of 6 (286 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello dose anybody know how to help?Confusedmileysad:

Message 5 of 6 (275 Views)

Hero

It should pop-up on it's own unless you've disabled them.

Do you have someone in your family that could try to help you fix this ? It's kind of hard to do from far away.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (273 Views)