Sims 3: Is there "cloud data" for it?

by snmiller16

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3: Is there "cloud data" for it?

★★★ Novice

I am always having issues w/ my lap top that causes me to have to restart my saved Sims (like as in resetting computer back to a previous date, factory resets, reinstalls, etc.). I have my Sim City 2000 cloud data (and local data too, when it decides it wants to ask me to choose). But either way, I always have my saved cities. But what I'm wondering is if my Sims 3 Sims will still be there if I wanted to play it right now. My lap top has been reset to factory settings, through the computer. I may have to get the software rest eventually because an issue I had that caused me to factory reset still hasn't gone away, so the software may need to be rest. But I really want to play Sims. But I'm afraid to get too ahead of myself w/ the progress of them, just to maybe lose it from having the software reset. So what I'm wondering is, is if SimCity 2000 has Cloud Data, then shouldn't my Sims 3? Especially because it's a digital download?

Message 1 of 7 (3,927 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3: Is there "cloud data" for it?

Hero (Retired)

@snmiller16 The sims game have a complicated save procedure. There is no "cloud data" for TS3. Here is a link to the pros and cons  for using cloud syncing for TS3 - link - TS3 and cloud data

hth

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (4,101 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@snmiller16 The sims game have a complicated save procedure. There is no "cloud data" for TS3. Here is a link to the pros and cons  for using cloud syncing for TS3 - link - TS3 and cloud data

hth

Message 2 of 7 (4,102 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah I had come to find that out when I decided to go ahead and start the game up again. And as I was afraid of, nothing I had on there was there. My Sims I created were not in the library, and my houses I made were not in the library. Which sux, because I had some awesome houses. I even made a duplicate of my own house for my, my husband's, and our kids' Sims to live in. I made it almost identical, except for that we have an enscreened porch that I had to make into a patio because of the steeps leading up to the back door and our porches on the front door and other back door on the other side of the house. And I did change some floors and wallpapers because, well, we're going to eventually fix it up anyway like upgrading windows, reflooring, repainting, etc. So it's like how I envision our house to be after our 10 year plan lol. I'm giving us 10 years to fix up and replace stuff. But anyway. So I'm going to build it all over again. I've actually already got started on my Legacy Sim, but I'm doing things different though. I'm using a completely different guy. Instead of Don Darko, the highly decorated police officer I now have Bob Newbie, the outstanding soldier (who is actually now an astronaut, the military career is a piece of cake I found out).  But Don's house was always a modest 2 story family home on a 40X30 lot. Bob's house is in the works of becoming a log cabin-like mansion. Not done yet, only half way there. I just got the 2nd story built, but not furnished. and there's cheap floors and wallpaper up there for now. Oh and his lot was the empty one in between the Landgraabs and Vitos. So, yeah, I decided to just go ahead w/ it anyway and for being disappointed about starting fresh, I have to say I do like where it's going.

Message 3 of 7 (3,870 Views)

EA app Team

It does actually sound really good, @snmiller16!

I'd love to see Bob's cabin. Maybe you can upload it to the gallery once it is finished. Is it surrounded by lots of leafy trees? I think Bob's future children need a tree house to play.

I'd like you to be able to finish that Legacy. As Roberta explained, there is no cloud saving for The sims 3, but I can explain you how to save your savegames so you don't lose them the next time Standard smile

Your user files (saved games, screenshots, houses,...) are stored in a folder named "The Sims 3" inside Documents/Electronic Arts. Before resetting your computer, make a copy of that folder in a flash drive or external drive. Once you have finished the resetting, place that folder back in the same place.

If the resettings of the laptop are unexpected, make sure of making a copy of the folder from time to time, just in case.

If you want to change computers in the future, you can also move your saved games to the new computer. Just ask us Wink

Good luck, both for you and Bob,

Mai

Message 4 of 7 (3,860 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ah, I see. Ok thanx, I will have to get out to the store and get one of those and do it.

And yes, I could upload it when it's all done Standard smile And as a matter of fact, Bob's 2 boys did have a tree house as kids. Now they're growing teenage boys doing their own thing. I think I'll have the one join the military like Bob, and the other I may make into a police officer, maybe firefighter. They both have the brave trait. I did pick like 1 or 2 traits from their mother, who is Emma Hatching. But anyway. Yeah, defiantly when it's all done, it'll be up. As far as the trees, so far I just have 1 on the lot haha. And the tree house of course. But I think I have an Aspen or w/e it is out in front so far. But I figured I'll put them up last after I do the back yard how I'd like.

Message 5 of 7 (3,850 Views)

EA app Team

I like the idea of the firefighter. Sims can get in a flaming trouble in seconds and someone needs to save them Wink

About the flash drive, just in case: remember to check the size of your The Sims 3 folder before buying it. It can get quite big if you have a lot of thesims3.com Store or custom content installed or record videos frequently.

And one more thing: nowadays the price of a flash drive is not that high, but if you prefer you could also use a rewritable DVD. Although the flash drive is easier, faster and more secure.

Whatever you decide, keep enjoying the game! :eahigh_file:

-Mai

Message 6 of 7 (3,842 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanx. I don't have TOO much installed content on, I mean compared to a lot of other Simmers out there w/ Mods and all haha. Though I did look into Mods, but it wants you to install a program for it and I'm a bit leery of installing certain stuff off the internet. Had one too many instances of my old desktop crashing from it back in the day, like from Limewire and Frostwire (thanx to my sister for talking me into it) and back when I played Sims 2, installed content like the Fusion and Focus and Mustang and different hairs that when I went to go use it in the game, my Sim would be pissing the hair part of their head :S But the cars were fine. Ended up w/ a bunch of Trojans But I feel that the content on the Sims 3 page is more secure than what TS2's was. And so far, haven't had issues w/ this stuff I did download giving my computer anything. I think the stuff this computer did get so far came from other stuff actually, not TS3 content. As far as the Mods, well I was going to get my husband or brother-in-law to help me out w/ figuring out the program that's safe for Mods. I'll be doing that tonight since my BIL will be here this weekend. But thanx for the advice everyone, it was great talking to yous. And I'll be sure to get Bob's log cabin mansion up once it's complete!

Message 7 of 7 (3,833 Views)