Re: Sims 3 Into the Future time travel

by rumbutter

Original Post

Sims 3 Into the Future time travel

★★★ Newbie
I was able to travel to the future no problem. Now that I am in the future it says that the time machine is in use and will not let me click on it. Also my almanac of time is completely gone. Is there anything I can do?
Message 1 of 2 (845 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Into the Future time travel

Hero (Retired)

I've been trying to think of away to get your sim back to the home world ok try this when you launch your game or if you still have that game open, save the game with a save as new name then hopefully one of these will work one is to reset an object the other will be to delete the portal and then buy a new one from buy mode

1 to reset an object ctrl+shift+c in the menu bar that appears at the top of the screen type in  testingcheatsenabled true hit enter  then go into build mode and hold ctrl & shift and click on the portal with the mouse and choose the option reset don't forget to turn the cheat off ctrl+shift+c in the menu bar that appears at the top of the screen type in testingcheatsenabled false hit enter

2 ctrl+shift+c in the menu bar that appears at the top of the screen type in  testingcheatsenabled true hit enter  then go into build mode and hold ctrl & shift+click on the portal then select object then select delete turn the cheat off ctrl+shift+c in the menu bar that appears at the top of the screen type in testingcheatsenabled false hit enter  then go to buy mode and buy a new portal and see if the sim can return home

now i'm not a 100%sure but you might loose all wishes/opportunities and also your current descendants

3 if you have a  previous save just load that up and pick up where you were when playing in that save

4 close the game down and the launcher go to the where your saves game folder is if the backup folder is there  move the save name game to the desktop and rename the backup by carefully  removing the .backup  clear the cache files too

for step four

delete the cach files go to electronic arts/the sims 3/

•CasPartCache.package

•compositorCache.package

•scriptCache.package

•simCompositorCache.package

•socialCache.package.package

it's safe to delete these files as a new ones will regenerate

Message 2 of 2 (840 Views)