Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Sims 3 Installing ERROR: Please use the Sims 3 launcher to update your version of Sims 3 before installing this product. (Sims 3 into the future)

by 12poundsj

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Installing ERROR: Please use the Sims 3 launcher to update your version of Sims 3 before installing this product. (Sims 3 into the future)

★★★★ Novice

I having real problems trying to install the Sims 3 into the future I keep getting the same ERROR:Please use the Sims launcher to update your version of the Sims 3 before installing this product,but when I go to the Sims 3 launcher it says my game is up to date?

I have try patch downloads, uninstalling base game and Sims 3 into the future and trying to unistall Sims manually which messed up Sims 3 so I had to install it again can someone tell me how you fix this ERROR.

HELP!

Message 1 of 16 (3,891 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Installing ERROR: Please use the Sims 3 launcher to update your version of Sims 3 before installing this product. (Sims 3 into the future)

Hero

Try downloading the patch manually here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-63/td-p/67858/

Good Luck and Happy Simmin
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM.
Help us helpers to help you

Thinking of helping out ? Please check the Helper's Corner for Sims 4 or Sims 3 and The Academy

Bitte akzeptiere eine Lösung, wenn dein Problem gelöst ist und verteile XP an Beiträge, die du hilfreich findest.
Ich arbeite nicht für EA und habe sonst auch keinerlei Verbindung zu EA.
PNs werden nicht beantwortet. Probleme gehören ins Forum

Message 2 of 16 (3,855 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Installing ERROR: Please use the Sims 3 launcher to update your version of Sims 3 before installing this product. (Sims 3 into the future)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks For the Help but i have tryed to download a patch link before and when i did that sims 3 and sims 3 into the future won't start.

crinrict wrote:

Message 3 of 16 (3,852 Views)

Hero

You need the patch to install ITF.

What problem where you facing exactly ? Any error messages ? What's your OS ?

Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Thinking of helping out ? Please check the Helper's Corner for Sims 4 or Sims 3 and The Academy

Bitte akzeptiere eine Lösung, wenn dein Problem gelöst ist und verteile XP an Beiträge, die du hilfreich findest.

Message 4 of 16 (3,850 Views)

★★★★ Novice

error: Plase use the sims 3 launcher to update the sims 3 before installing this proudct.

OS; Windows 7

Origin 

Message 5 of 16 (3,856 Views)

What is the version of the base game now?

I do not work for EA or associated with EA other then helping other users in the forums.
Message 6 of 16 (3,853 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don't know

roberta591 wrote:

What is the version of the base game now?

Message 7 of 16 (3,838 Views)

Hero

It shows in the lower left coner of your launcher

Crin

Trennlinie

Message 8 of 16 (3,834 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I happen to have the same problem, but my message to update my launcher shows up over and over again. So what I do is update the launcher, then I open the launcher again and it says, would you like to update? It is REALLY frustrating I and if you could answer this in the simplest way possible, that would be amazing, 

Thanks!

Message 9 of 16 (3,713 Views)

Hero

Crin

Trennlinie

Message 10 of 16 (3,708 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Then update your game as posted on the last page.

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more