Re: Sims 3 Installation offline

by roberta591

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Also, if you own the Sims 3 Starter Pack, It will have a program called Sims3Setup on the disk itself, which bypasses the installation of Origin all together. Just found this out today, since the latest version of Origin only shows a white box instead of any graphics. Don't you just love when they bump the system requirements of the installer/client itself without warning?

EDIT: Origin is still required to launch the game, unfortunately.

Message 21 of 24 (693 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@-ea-Terminator82  You can still use the discs but you have to use an older version of your operating system. TS3 was released with SecuROM and SafeDisc. Windows 10 and El Capitan no longer support the poorly supported SecuROM and SafeDisc. The Sims 3 1.69 patch can only be obtained through Origin. When Origin patches to version 1.69 SecuROM and SafeDisc are disabled/removed from the game and Origin (Steam like DRM) becomes the DRM. This eliminates the install limit and you no longer require a disc to play. SecuROM was considered a rootkit and usually caused more issues for legal user then kept the game from getting pirated. I use both Steam and Origin and have no issues.

Message 22 of 24 (682 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Omg I wasted 3 hrs of my life before reading your reply. Thanks so so so so much! Your reply was such a huge help!
Message 23 of 24 (620 Views)

★ Novice
I did that and it didn't work it keeps saying install thru origin. Then it tells me to put in a code. When I put the code in it says error.!!
Message 24 of 24 (507 Views)