Re: Sims 3 Initial Loading Screen Not Responding

by mhealy1989

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Initial Loading Screen Not Responding

★★ Novice

Okay.

So, when I launch my game, you know how the game come up with the maxis logo or whatever it is? Well, my game just recently decided to stop responding before it even gets to that. It looks like a black screen, and my mouse has the loading icon. I can still move the mouse as well. I can't figure out how to fix this? I would really love it if I DIDN'T have to uninstall and reinstall everything -.- 

I have World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, and University Life. The stuff packs I have are High-End Loft Stuff and MasterSuite Stuff. 

I also have a few of Twallan' Mods, but I made sure to update them, because I thought that this might have been the issue. 

I also have a lot of CC, but that's never caused me any trouble in the past. 

I have Windows 7.

I feel like it might have something to do with the new patch, but I'm not entirely sure. I haven't had the chance to play in about a month, so I can't remember if I was having this problem before the patch. My guess would be something with Twallan' Mods, but I don't know what. 

I would LOVE to get help on this, because I want to play very badly! Frown Especially if you have experience with Twallan' Mods, I would love to hear from you.

Message 1 of 17 (53,629 Views)

Accepted Solution

Message 5 of 17 (61,844 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Currently having the exact same problem. I just installed the sims 3 paradise island and it started doing the same thing, not loading at all, not event to the maxis page. The game always worked well for me until now....someone HELP!!

Message 2 of 17 (53,549 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yep.  Exact same thing happened to me, right after the patch.  Have been trying various things I've read on line, reinstalling, not loading CC, but nothing works.  

Message 3 of 17 (53,546 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

One of the mods is not updated!  Check all your mods, not only Twallan ones. 
To be sure: remove the Mods folder and see if the game load correctly, if it does -> mod/s outdated. You need to locate it/them and update it/them or remove it/them

Message 4 of 17 (53,532 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Message 5 of 17 (61,845 Views)

★★ Novice

It says to delete the saved sims folder, and that it will recreate. Does that mean even though I delete it, all my sims will still be there? Because I REALLY don't want all my sims to disppear.

Message 6 of 17 (53,498 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OMG THANK U SO MUCH I was getting so annoyed with my game and thought I would have to uninstall but I saw ur post and it worked! THX

Message 7 of 17 (52,303 Views)

★★★ Newbie

IT WONT WORK FOR ME !!!!!!!! IM GONNA CRY!!!

Message 8 of 17 (50,721 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I am now having the same problem. I have mods installed from Pandora Sims, but ran the game after that and all was fine. I have been downloading alot of custom content from TSR, but never had a problem before with custom content. I have all expansion packs and stuff packs, worlds, and sets. I have never had this problem since I downloaded the Sims 3 and am getting aggravated. The problem began when the launcher said it wasn't responding and I had to close it, because I was installing custom content. Every since then, the game won't even load. This has been going on for the last 2 days. HELP!!!!! I am trying to do a challenge on The Sims Resource and cannot get in-game to get started!!!!!!

Message 9 of 17 (43,629 Views)

★★★ Novice

Does this work if you have Into The Future?

Message 10 of 17 (43,633 Views)