Sims 3 Generations Installation HELP

by nappyynessa7

Original Post

Sims 3 Generations Installation HELP

★★★ Newbie

Let me start off by saying I had the Sims 3 and Sims 3 Generations installed previously to my former computer but when my computer went crazy and refused to turn on anymore I had to get a new computer and reinstall my Sims. The Sims 3 had no problem installing but when I tried installing the expansion pack and this came up...

Please Use The Sims 3 Launcher and update your version of the Sims 3 before installing this product

I went to the Sims 3 launcher and installed the EA Games Downloader and it even installed Origin into my computer so thinking it would have fixed the problem I tried to reinstall once more. When I started up the installation the next message appeared...

WARNING: The version of the Sims 3 is more recent than this product 

If you chose to proceed you will need to connect to the internet and update this product via the Sims 3 Game Launcher after it is installed in order to play the Sims 3 

I proceeded with the installation and half way through this next message appeared 

File: D:\Game Data\Shared\Packages\FullBuild_p08.package 

Error: Data Error (cyclic redundancy check). 

The options are retry and cancel I retried over and over and it did no difference if someone could please help me I've been trying for so long now I'm just about to give up. Please and Thank You!

Message 1 of 2 (720 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Generations Installation HELP

Hero

See if any of the tips here help you: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/error-cyclic-redundancy-check.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (701 Views)