Sims 3 Game keeps crashing

by jesska97

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Game keeps crashing

★★ Novice

I downloaded Sims 3 pets from Origin last night, and i have 5 other expansion packs which have all worked fine, but now when i try and play the Sims it crashes after about 5-10 mins, its so annoying. I've tried playing it in windows mode, (aka not full screen) and this has not helped either. I have a windows 8 laptop so cannot edit the DEP settings as i dont have a 'normal' computer set up, so any clues on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated, as ive spent probably about £80-£100 total on all my sims games and i want to be able to play it! Thanks!

Message 1 of 14 (1,109 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 Game keeps crashing

Hero

I looked at your DxDiag and I'm a bit surprised that EA said that was ok.

You need at least a 2.4 ghz prozessor, you only have a 1.10GHz one. Also the graphics card needs at least 128 MB of dedicated memory, you have only 32 MB.

Pets is one of the more demanding EPs so I think your computer is simply not up to it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 14 (1,057 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

See all of these links for crashing and lagging:

Here are also some other links that might help you:

If none of the above help you please answer these questions:

(Thanks to Crinrict)

Message 2 of 14 (1,087 Views)

★★ Novice

What's your operating system ?

windows 8, intel laptop
Does the launcher start ?

yes, the launcher and loader is fine, it is inplay when it stops working
How far do you get, try to describe what happens in as much details as possible (without getting too lenghty)

basically, i can load games and play for around 1-2 sim days and then it freezes and a message comes up saying "the sims 3 is not working properly and has been forced to close" and then the program closes and i lose any unsaved game play.
Do all installed games show up in the Origin client ?

yes
Which base game version do you have?

version 1

Which Security Software are you using (Firewall, Antivirus) ?

none
Do you have the disc or download version or a mix ?

sims 3 late night, generations, seasons and base game are all disk, then sims 3 pets and university is download
Do you have any files with xctp in your documents\electronicarts\thesims3\ folder ?

i have files with xcpt in them?
It's also good to include your DxDiag: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584

this has been looked at by an advisor who told me to download this update from intel but it didnt help

Message 3 of 14 (1,075 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I'll get one of the other helpers to look but when you say version 1? Do you mean 1.67? You need to update if not. Use the super patch here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Current-Patch-1-67-Manual-links-and-more/td-p/67858

Message 4 of 14 (1,065 Views)

★★ Novice
i have already manually updated and that also has not worked, i tried running the game in windows xp mode and that seemed to be working and then after about a sim week it crashed
Message 5 of 14 (1,062 Views)

Hero

Could you post your dxdiag for us anyways ? We're not working for EA so we don't see what an advisor saw.

If you're not comfortable posting it publicly you can send me a PM.

Also are you using custom content or mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (1,057 Views)

★★ Novice

i use custom content but i never use mods and i will pm you the dxdiag information as it to long for the reply post!

Message 7 of 14 (1,049 Views)

Hero

I looked at your DxDiag and I'm a bit surprised that EA said that was ok.

You need at least a 2.4 ghz prozessor, you only have a 1.10GHz one. Also the graphics card needs at least 128 MB of dedicated memory, you have only 32 MB.

Pets is one of the more demanding EPs so I think your computer is simply not up to it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (1,058 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the exact same issue. I have most other expansions installed except Generations, Showtime and Island Paradise and obviously Pets. I can run any other expansion with no lag or crashing or anything but as soon as I install and run pets a random amount of time will pass while playing it and it would crash and say the "Sims 3 has stopped working" message. I have tried, deleting my cache files, deleting dcbackup files except the dcbackup file you need to keep, I have uninstalled and re-installed the game multiple times and adding all my games including expansion and stuff packs to the dep list. Please help!! 

Message 9 of 14 (1,018 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

My Sims 3 Into the Future crashes after 5 minutes of trying to create a sim. I just dowloaded Into the Future, Generations, and University Life from Origin. I also have Pets, Late Night, Ambitions, Supernatural, Highend Loft Stuff, Town Life Stuff, and World Adventures installed with disc. I just updated all the patches and tried uninstalling and reinstalling all of the games but still no luck. I have a Macbook Pro 15-inch, Mid-2012 2.6GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB, OS X 10.9.2. This is what the error message says after it crashes

Process: cider [24592]
Path: /Applications/The Sims 3.localized/The Sims3.app/Contents/Resources/AddOns/The Sims 3 Into the Future.app/Contents/MacOS/cider
Identifier: com.transgaming.thesims3ep11
Version: 1.0. (1.0)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: cider [24592]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2014-04-20 20:07:11.643 -0400
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.9.2 (13C64)
Report Version: 11
Anonymous UUID: 5F8A18BD-D48F-10FE-0FF0-0354ED3C95F5

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGILL)