Sims 3 Game Update 1.67 not working

by burrisusmc

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 Game Update 1.67 not working

★★★ Novice

I am having the same problem, super patch does not work for me. I am on a mac and the .tgz file will not unzip. I just downloaded the game today, I bought it years ago though.

Message 11 of 35 (3,060 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hi dogrules24

Did you definitely download the Mac version rather than the PC version and pick the right one for your region? Instructions and the links to the downloads can be found in the Mac section of the forums at thesims3.com here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/549552.page

If you cannot unzip the file using any software already available on your Mac then you may  need to first download a tool to do this. I don't want to link to one as they are not EA-endorsed but just Google something like "tgz file unzip Mac" and take a look at the options that come up.

Caspin

Message 12 of 35 (3,045 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It is not possible to download super patch no more?

Im not able to upgrade using the automatic updater, it just starts but nothing happens... Please help.

Message 13 of 35 (2,998 Views)

Hero

Are you on a mac and what issues do you have downloading the super patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 35 (2,993 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im on a windows machine. The link refered to further up in this post seems to be dead?

Message 15 of 35 (2,991 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issues. It's gotten to the point where it refuses to even pull up the launcher. Every time I try, this pops up. 

Sims3 Launcher Has Stopped Working

Until the latest update, I hadn't had a single problem with the game and have had it since 2012. I've reinstalled it three or four times, and the problem remains. I just want my game to work again... Anyone have any ideas on how to help?

Message 16 of 35 (2,979 Views)

Hero

@eirili Try this link http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-67/td-p/67858/

@bechri01 Since this isn't exactly about the same issue and is mainly mac, I would suggest to make your own thread.

Here's some guidelines: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/READ-FIRST-Help-us-Helpers-to-Help-you/td-p/255562/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 35 (2,970 Views)

★ Novice

I've donwloaded the super patch 1.67 for twice and have to wait 4 hours but then still not working..it says that i have to update the previous version to make the update works..i've followed each step to avoid any errors before i download the patch, but it still giving me the commands..i don't understand at all why it happens just like that..is there any mistake i've done caused for that problem?? i really, really need helps and guides how to update my game.. my TS3 still stuck at version 1.0.631..  ;(  ;(  ;(

Message 18 of 35 (2,832 Views)

Hero (Retired)

RachelNiah2233 - please post if you computer is a pc or mac. How are you cannected to the insternet? Even my 4g smart phone is about as fast as 6mb/s DSL.

Message 19 of 35 (2,827 Views)

★ Novice

I've tried to super patch five times already and each time I think it works, a small message pops up saying the computer cannot detect it and it starts terminating it. A second message also comes up saying, you cannot update as you need to wait for the other update to finish when it will NOT update.

Message 20 of 35 (2,600 Views)