Sims 3 Game Launcher Script error

by opalaqua07

Original Post

Sims 3 Game Launcher Script error

★★★★★ Newbie

Everytime I open the game launcher and then start the sims 3 game, it crashes after a few mins and says "script error" do you want to continue? I have win 7 64 bit PC.

Even while installing custom content while the game launcher is on, I get the same error. Is it due to my PC or is there any other solution to it??

Message 1 of 9 (13,387 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Game Launcher Script error

Hero (Retired)

Did the game ever work? A banner blocker could cause script errors.

Message 2 of 9 (13,241 Views)

★★ Novice

I have win 7 64bit

I was already having game crash issues (been through the Very Long troubleshooting check list for that twice)   and now on top of that I am getting the script error message. 

Message 3 of 9 (13,118 Views)

Hero

Make sure you're java is updated.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (13,099 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I did that and still had problems

Message 5 of 9 (12,466 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have the same problem. my game was literally working yesterday and now all of a sudden there is a script error.

http://be.sponsorpay.com/assets/web_client.js

that is the link of the script error and i have no idea what that is. It pops up when my sims 3 launcher starts, even before I start the game. 

Message 6 of 9 (12,412 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have the same script error...

Thing is for me that it blocks the "Sims Bonus Points" ad...   So in effect I cannot view the ad sponsor page for Sims Bonus Points. and I cannot get the points...   I will get the icon on the launcher, but, when I click on it and the Welcome page opens, the Ad offer is gone.

I have updated or checked on the latest versions of  everything...  Java, Adobe Flash, Adobe Reader, Windows, Internet Explorer ( also deleted cache files) .  

It seems to me that this popped up with the last Sims 3 update earlier this week...

Message 7 of 9 (12,398 Views)

Hero

Could everyone post here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Info-Request-Script-Errors-on-the-Launcher/td-p/2216747/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (12,344 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this problem on a new laptop running Windows 8.1!!!Confusedmileysad:

what to do??

help me solve this problem!!!!!

Message 9 of 9 (5,559 Views)