Sims 3 Game Launcher Can't Log In

by IzzieAcko26

Original Post

Sims 3 Game Launcher Can't Log In

★ Novice

Every time I try to log into the Sims 3 game launcer it keeps opening the log in page saying not logged in. The website occasionaly lets me log in but mostly does exactly the same as the launcher saying not logged in. When I do occasionaly get logged in i can not dowload my purchases from the store because the launcher says I do not own the Items despite purchasesing them and having the sim points took away!

Message 1 of 3 (1,680 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Game Launcher Can't Log In

Hero

Try clearing your browser cache or use a different browser.

Also clearing your IE Browser cache. 

There's also a file in documents\electronicarts\thesims3\downloads that has your email address as file name. Delete that.

If that doesn't help, contact a customer support game advisor so they can take a look at your account

Game advisors can be found through live chat.

1. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 
  2. Set your language to US at the bottom
  3. Click on Contact a game advisor 
  4. Describe your issue with a few words
  5. Click on Find a Solution
  6. Select Product: ex: The Sims 3 or Origin
  7. Select Issue Type: ex: Billing/Purchasing or Account Management
  8. Select Platform: PC
  9. Click Find solution
  10. Scroll down and click I still need help
  11. Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

With Pics here: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/10/how-to-contact-ea.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (1,666 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Game Launcher Can't Log In

★★★ Newbie

I have had this same problem and had spent about 2-3 hours working through every possible solution (minus re-installing the entire game as we all know how tedious that can be) before I reached the end of my tether and contacted support.

I had recently reset my ea.com password. I tested logging into thesims3.com and origin.com after I did this with my new password and was successful. I came to actually play my game today and was unable to log into The Sims 3 Launcher (or upon skipping this part was also unable to log in while in-game). I was able to log into Origin and EA without issue but found I was now unable to log into thesims3.com.

On The Sims 3 Launcher, my error was "Not logged in."

On thesims3.com, my error was "Invalid Login Information. Please try again."

I went through the basic troubleshooting as usual, tried clicking the "I forgot my password" link on thesims3.com Member Login page, which redirected me to myaccount.ea.com login page where I was able to successfully log in, but couldn't find any kind of password reset option for thesims3.com from there. This struck me as odd as I was expecting to have received a password reset link sent to my email address upon my clicking the "I forgot my password" link - I'm not crazy for thinking this am I??

I turned to the almighty Dr Google. I have completely cleared my browser cache, history, passwords etc for all browsers, I have reset my advanced settings in Internet Options, I have updated Java to the latest version, I have updated FlashPlayer and I have restarted my PC. I even tried deleting the "emailaddress.BIN" file located in C:\Users\username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder which made no difference.

I have just spent about 45 minutes on a support chat with EA with a very un-helpful non-english-speaking agent and after repeating myself several times I finally got him to do what I wanted all along - reset my thesims3.com password.  I just have to add that the first 20 minutes of our conversation was me trying to convince him that providing me a new license code for "The Sims 3: University Life Limited Edition" that I was to then redeem on the EA website was not (strangely enough) going to magically reset my thesims3.com account password.

He reset my Origin password and voila! Upon resetting my password it is all working again. Kind of what I wanted to do in the first place, really.

TLDR

Try resetting your Origin password even though you can log into Origin fine and then try logging into thesim3.com with your new password. This should now hopefully work in the launcher too.

Message 3 of 3 (444 Views)