Sims 3 Game Launcher Can't Log In

by laurenjennifer16

Original Post

Sims 3 Game Launcher Can't Log In

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

The Sims 3 Game Launcher won't let me log in, I enter my details, click log in, the screen goes away and then comes back and it still says log in. I can log in on the website, but not the game launcher. Can anyone help me? Thank you.

Message 1 of 39 (27,102 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Game Launcher Can't Log In

Hero

Try clearing the browser caches on the Internet Explorer. That's what the Launcher uses.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 39 (26,910 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

That didn't work for me. I've tried pretty much everything! The login box just keeps popping up. I'm getting very frustrated.

Message 3 of 39 (26,745 Views)

Hero

Does logging in on the website work for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 39 (26,736 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah. I can log into the websites just fine.

Message 5 of 39 (26,721 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. Until a minute ago the launcher wouldn't load any of its pages and kept saying an update was installing. Then suddenly I got the welcome page to load and can't log in.

I haven't been able to play the game at all yet, just got it from the Humble Bundle and tried launching it today to no avail

Message 6 of 39 (26,705 Views)

Hero

Try playing without logging in.

The page has actually a lot of issues today which can affect the launcher.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 39 (26,688 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have been experiencing the same problem with trying to access my account via the Sims 3 launcher.

I have tried to clear the cache in both IE (default)  and Firefox, the two browsers that I use. Someone suggested re-loading Origin and that didn't work.

I can log into ea.com, origin and the thesims3.com sites without problems.

I purchased Dragon Valley and would like to get the download, but with the problem with the launcher the game is going no where especially my computer for play.

Confusedmileysad:

Message 8 of 39 (26,645 Views)

Hero

You need to talk to a game advisor about that. There was something fixed so if you still have issues, talk to them

The AnswerHQ is about Users helping Users.

Game advisors can be found through live chat.

1. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 
  2. Set your language to US at the bottom
  3. Describe your issue with a few words
  4. Select Product: The Sims 3
  5. Select Category: Billing/Purchasing or Account Management
  6. Select Platform: PC
  7. Click Find solution
  8. Scroll down and click I still need help
  9. Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

With Pics here: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/10/how-to-contact-ea.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 39 (26,633 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The so often recommenden "Game advisors" are of no help whatsoever with this problem. It still persists after spending 2 hours with their brainless bots. I cannot log in to the launcher and thus I cannot play Dragon Valley. I can log in everywhere else, have all the newest patches, the newest version of origin, re-installed the launcher and deletet some files in the Documents Folder that the brainless bot recommended as well as all cookies and caches and the temporary files of my pc  and reset my password. I can still only log in everywhere except the launcher. What now? Who gives me my money back for the stuff I bought for nothing?

Don't recommend I should talk to the brainless bots again, they obviously respond with generic answers to keywords they find in my text and don't understand the problem The launcher does not give me an error message, it just pops up the login-window over and over again.

Message 10 of 39 (23,039 Views)