Original Post

Re: Sims 3 Game Launcher Can't Log In

★★ Novice

Lol its now 2017 AND ITS STILL HAPPENING >;Z

Spoiler

Message 31 of 39 (2,401 Views)

★ Novice

I spent all day yesterday and part of the day today plus spoke with 2 EA technical people and this little thing worked!!!!!!! Thank you so very much. You are awesome!!!!!!

Message 32 of 39 (2,343 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@bellewiccan  When a web site you have visited before is restarted the cookie stored in your browser (in this case IE because the game uses IE) becomes invalid. The cookie is not automatically cleared. You can manually clear the cookie (by deleting the browsing history is one way) or wait for the cookie to expire and a new cookie can be created.

Message 33 of 39 (2,291 Views)

★ Novice

I have tried everything and I cant log in to the launcher I don't know much about computers but I know I clean the browing and cokies and nothing is working please please help me

Message 34 of 39 (2,263 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you!! It worked perfectly!

Message 35 of 39 (2,136 Views)

★★ Novice
Resetting Internet Explorer worked for me I had no idea that it was still running on my PC. Now I can Login to my Game Launcher
Message 36 of 39 (1,963 Views)

★ Novice

2018 and this is still a problem. Can't believe this is what fixed it! I don't even use Internet Explorer. Had to install the app just so I could clear the history 🙄

Message 37 of 39 (1,819 Views)

★ Novice

i’m like 6 years late lol but did you solve it?? i’m having this problem right now

Message 38 of 39 (1,590 Views)

@liveywells  Clear Internet Explorer's cache.  Even if you never use it, the launcher does for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorite sites:

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

If you happen to be on a Mac, clear the cache and Preferences for Safari, and cache and history for any other browsers you use.  It's not always clear which browser the launcher is using, although you can start with Safari.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 39 of 39 (1,587 Views)