Re: Sims 3 Expansion packs won't install

by Chevro1et

Original Post

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem, I have every expansion pack. When I went to go download the base game it worked find and I saw the product code. Now when I try to install the expansion packs they show no product code so I can't even begin to install them. They download perfectly fine, but don't install. HELP!

Message 11 of 19 (1,556 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i just bought wold adventures just a while ago in disc form from a store called bookmans the disc is fine no scratch or anything like that but when i click the file to install it won't it'll just open the files it's self it won't give me the download button i need some help

Message 12 of 19 (1,469 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm new to this, so bear with me.   My wife bought Sims 3 through Steam around 5 months ago.  It's worked fine  We then bought the Sims Ex Pack at Walmart.  The EX P won't work , gives an error that we have to install Sims 3.    Sims 3 is already installed, but we have no hard copy because it was downloaded from Steam.  So we can't reload it.  I see where many have this problem.  Is there a solution available?   Thank you in advance.  Randy D.    (Chevro1et)

Message 13 of 19 (1,356 Views)

EA Sims Team

@SmadaXela wrote:

I'm having the same problem, I have every expansion pack. When I went to go download the base game it worked find and I saw the product code. Now when I try to install the expansion packs they show no product code so I can't even begin to install them. They download perfectly fine, but don't install. HELP!

If you are downloading them from Origin, you don't need the code to install them.

The versions on Origin do not use codes, but rather use your account you are logged into Origin with to verify ownership. If you see them in Origin, you should be able to download and play.

Message 14 of 19 (1,342 Views)

EA Sims Team

@Chevro1et wrote:

I'm new to this, so bear with me.   My wife bought Sims 3 through Steam around 5 months ago.  It's worked fine  We then bought the Sims Ex Pack at Walmart.  The EX P won't work , gives an error that we have to install Sims 3.    Sims 3 is already installed, but we have no hard copy because it was downloaded from Steam.  So we can't reload it.  I see where many have this problem.  Is there a solution available?   Thank you in advance.  Randy D.    (Chevro1et)

Go to Steam

Highlight The Sims 3

On the right select CD Key

Go to Origin

Put in the key from Steam into Origin

It'll entitle you to the game and your EP should work with it.

Message 15 of 19 (1,340 Views)

★★★ Newbie

seems just about every orgin or stream or sim game has an issue installing. Ive got copies of sim 1 2 3 4 and deluxe that never wood install no matter what i did. just recently bought sims 3 and 4 expansion packs took about 12 hours to install sims 3 now every expsnsion packs just sits at about 1% installed and never finishes. They really need to hire some programers that know how to write a program. after this im not buying another ea stream expansion game. about 100 loss so far, maybe ill try and sell it to another unsuspecting idiot on ebay. oh wait i have morals.

Message 16 of 19 (1,297 Views)

★ Novice

Same thing for me, but I just changed language from swedish to english and its now automatically downloading the expansion packs.. LOL!

Message 17 of 19 (1,087 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Expansion packs won't install [SOLVED] - I believe

★ Novice
@BIarIa I have the same problem but if I uninstall the sims 3 and then reinstall it, will maybe all of my expansion packs don't install?? Sorry if bad writing!!
Message 18 of 19 (298 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Expansion packs won't install [SOLVED] - I believe

Community Manager

Hey all,

As this thread has gotten a bit older now, it's been locked to prevent necro-posting.

If you need further help on this topic, please feel free to create a new thread so we can take a look with you Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 19 of 19 (272 Views)