Re: Sims 3 Expansion Packs Not Loading in game

by Catlee2

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

It says they're installed now, but they're not showing up in the launcher or my game. Only the other expansions that I installed from disks.

Message 61 of 287 (1,950 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Did you buy those games off of ebay?

Message 62 of 287 (1,947 Views)

Message 63 of 287 (1,945 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, I see what the problem is now. I guess I'll wait for a sale.

Message 64 of 287 (1,940 Views)

★ Guide

I have the same problem. It still shows on the "My Page" what games I own and it also shows on origin that I own the games and it even says they are installed. But they do not show up on my game launcher. I have 9 total expansions and stuff packs  -  only Pets is showing on my game launcher. I am going to be really upset if they do not re-activate them.

I think if they are having a problem with certain retailers & eBay sellers, EA needs to go after them, not punish the people who paid money in good faith, especially since EA accepted the codes to start with. I have been playing them for a while so there is no way I could go back to eBay and ask for a refund after this amount of time. Now if EA and origin had not accepted the codes to start with I could have received a refund right then - but not after this amount of time.

Message 65 of 287 (1,936 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Right, I'm pretty mad! I bought these thinking that were actual codes that would last. I suppose I've learned my lesson now. It would be nice if the seller gives me a refund but I highly doubt they will. I would be easier to shut down these retailers in the first place to prevent these issues.

Message 66 of 287 (1,930 Views)

★ Guide

Depends on how long ago you purchased the eBay item (code). I am a seller on eBay (I do not sell games or game codes -  I sell other stuff)

If your purchase is within the time limit for a refund it does not matter if the seller will not give you a refund: eBay will open a case and investigate it. If they find the seller sold you a product in bad faith or a bogus product, eBay has buyer protections. So if they find in your favor and find the seller is selling codes that are not valid or authorized, eBay will give your money back and then they go after the seller for reimbursement and they will ban that person from selling on eBay ever again 

My problem is: I have had mine (and been playing them) for a while, so I am past the amount of time eBay will give me my money back.

I am going to find out for sure from EA if the ones I purchased are from a unauthorized seller. If they are not authorized then I am going to report the seller(s) to eBay.

If you take this course of action make sure first if the expansions you have will not be reactivated because of a bad faith seller, If EA just did a blanket wipe on all of the codes and are going to fix the ones that are authorized and are reputable sellers you do not want to get them banned from ever selling anything on eBay again.

Message 67 of 287 (1,892 Views)

Missing Expansion & Stuff Packs in game launcher (Sims 3)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello,

As the title suggests, I am missing an expansion (Into the Future) & multiple stuff packs in the game launcher; however, they are listed as installed in Origin.  I have already repaired the game & packs through Origin to no avail.  I have also uninstalled & reinstalled all the problematic packs.  I last played the Sims 3 last month with no issues, but when I logged in yesterday an automatic Origin update was applied and I lost access to many of my packs.  Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Message 68 of 287 (1,918 Views)

Re: Missing Expansion & Stuff Packs in game launcher (Sims 3)

Message 69 of 287 (1,910 Views)

Re: Missing Expansion & Stuff Packs in game launcher (Sims 3)

★★ Novice

Unfortunately, yes.  Thanks for the links... will check them out now.

Message 70 of 287 (1,900 Views)