Sims 3 Exchange content wont install

by BSuydam99

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Exchange content wont install

★★★★ Novice

I cant get a coustom world to install to game. It will install before i play game then when i open the game and get to where you choose the town you want to play i doesnt show up and when i check the launcher again it doesnt say it is installed. I tryed to install Paradise Beach Beta 0.5 by Curtis Paradis. It is fully downloaded onto my computer. I own a 21.5 imac with an intel core i3 processor and a 500gb hard drive and 4gb ram running os 10.8 Mountain Lion if that helps 

Message 1 of 8 (719 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 Exchange content wont install

Hero

It's the world. I've just tried it myself. 

It has a major problem that it has a dot in the name. The launcher does not like that at all. If you have contact to the creator, I would let him know, so he can re-export the world and not use a dot in the name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (731 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

It might not work if the person who created the world has expansion packs installed that you don't. 

Message 2 of 8 (715 Views)

Hero

Do you have a lot of custom content installed (including Store Content) and do you have troubles with any of the others ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (712 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah but normally when that happens it replaces "missing content" with stuff from the base game. Like it will install in launcher before i launch the game but then i cant find the town and then when i check the launcher it doesnt shw up installed

Message 4 of 8 (711 Views)

★★★★ Novice

oh and no i dont have problems with other cc

Message 5 of 8 (709 Views)

★★★★ Novice

And i have a lot of store content but no third party content

Message 6 of 8 (708 Views)

Hero

It's the world. I've just tried it myself. 

It has a major problem that it has a dot in the name. The launcher does not like that at all. If you have contact to the creator, I would let him know, so he can re-export the world and not use a dot in the name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (732 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you

Message 8 of 8 (696 Views)