Sims 3 Exchange Sims Installation Error

by Crazyasian1234

Original Post

Sims 3 Exchange Sims Installation Error

★★★★ Novice

Hello everyone,

I been having issues where custom sims from the exchange will not install via the launcher. Issue is that some of them I've successfully installed in the past, the reason for the reinstallation is due to screwing up a cc world installation (new sunset valley 2013 with all eps). 

The error being displayed: "Installation failed, please make sure your game has the latest Software Updates and try again."

Additionally, some cc sims will install correctly. Sidenote, most, if not all, of the sims contain cc sometimes not found on the exchange, however, some sims that use non-exchange cc content were able to be installed successfully (the launcher displayed the associated content in the "Installed" tab).

Game data has been validated.

Have deleted my old "Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3" folder and moved all associated mods over.

Short of a reinstall, I'm stumped. Bear in mind this has only occurred to cc Sims from the exchange.

Message 1 of 3 (333 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Exchange Sims Installation Error

Hero (Retired)

@Crazyasian1234  What is the version of your game - lower left in the launcher?

Message 2 of 3 (320 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Exchange Sims Installation Error

★★★★ Novice

v.1.69.43.024017

I've resorted to doing a complete re-installation which seems to have cleared up the cc sim installation issues. Now it's just the cc world issue and a random un-installation issue.... This game has some temperamental issues.

Message 3 of 3 (313 Views)