Re: Sims 3 Ex.-Pack uninstalled after Origin Update

by Omena_Lain

Original Post

Sims 3 Ex.-Pack uninstalled after Origin Update

★★★ Newbie

Good moring everyone!

Yesterday I wanted to play The Sims 3 and therefore needed to update Origin up to version 10.4.5.30491 - 0.

After I started The Sims 3 Client I saw that a lot of my expansion packs were missing. I closed the game and looked at my Origin account and it said I could download/install the expension packs I was missing.

Unfortunately it doesn't work. If I click on "download" it says after "finished" after a second but the game is not downloaded or installed.

I also had a look at all the games I have on my pc and it says that the expansion packs I miss aren't even installed on my pc anymore.

How is Origin able to deinstall most of my expansion pack just by launching a new update? And how do I get them back to work?

Thanks a lot for you help

Isalya

Message 1 of 13 (792 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Isalya Try in Origin right click the game icon and click repair game.

Message 2 of 13 (772 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@roberta591 Thank you for your reply! I tried it but it doesn't change anything :-( . I can install the base game and the ex.-packs on my boyfriends PC without a problem but on my laptop it still doesn't work.

Message 3 of 13 (765 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Isalya Is your laptop a Windows 10 computer? Did you download the Origin client installer - install - and login with the same login and password on the laptop as the other computer? Did the game ever work on the laptop?

Message 4 of 13 (758 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@roberta591 It's a Windows 8 laptop. I login with the same login and passwort on the laptop and my boyfriends computer. The game worked pretty well for more than two years on my laptop. I played without any problems two days before the Origin update.

Message 5 of 13 (748 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @Isalya,

Could you try to clear Origin's cache following these instructions?:

1. First, make sure you can view hidden files and folders:
    1. Hit the Start button (or press Win + X for Windows 10).
    2. Click on Control Panel.
    3. Click on Appearance and Personalization, then Folder Options.
    4. Click the View tab.
    5. Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files and folders, and click OK to save the change.
  2. If Origin is running, close it by clicking Origin in the menu bar then Exit.
  3. Click Start, then Computer, then double-click (C: ) to open the C:\ drive
  4. Open the ProgramData folder, then the Origin folder, and delete all the files and folders inside it except for LocalContent.
    1. If you’re on Windows XP  you’ll find the ProgramData folder in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application data\Electronic Arts\
  5. Go back to C:\: 
    1. Open the Users folder,
    2. Open the folder with your  username, 
    3. Open AppData
    4. Then Roaming
    5. Then Origin
      •  Delete all the files and folders inside.
  6. Go back to the AppData folder: 
    1. Open the Local folder, 
    2. Open the Origin folder
      • Delete all the files and folders inside.

Any change?

-Mai

Message 6 of 13 (735 Views)

★★ Novice

I started having this same problem today. I've tried repairing and also clearing the caches as detailed. No luck. I'm guessing this is a bug in the update, and I'll have to wait for another update.

Message 7 of 13 (722 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem. I solved it by clicking origin then refresh page then launching the game again.

Message 8 of 13 (700 Views)

EA app Team

That sounds like a good idea @Omena_Lain, thanks for the suggestion. @Isalya@ransomhawk, could you try? Standard smile

-Mai

Message 9 of 13 (682 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

No, that did not work. I finally uninstalled and reinstalled all of the Sims 3 stuff (game and EPs), and that fixed it. Time-consuming, but mostly automatic.

Message 10 of 13 (674 Views)